Have you ever had a panic attack? If so, how long do they usually last for you?

I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder at age 12 and have been on meds for it since then. But I still occasionally get panic attacks. Today I had one in the middle of class and I had to go to the counselor where it continued for a little over an hour. This is probably one of my longest panic attacks, and the worst I've had in a long time. I'm worried because on several websites it said it was rare to occur for that long. Has this happened to any of y'all?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I've had them before. Typically, they last 20-30 minutes. Avoid caffeine, make sure you're regulating your breathing as best you can, and do activities that you enjoy.

What Guys Said 3

• Never happened to me, I never had a panick attack. However, I think that if you're nervous or currently anxious about something, your long panic attack can be understandable. Keep watching your own behavior when these attacks happen, maybe you'll be able to identify something in common they may have.

• have you tried therapy?

• If you're on pills, then I'd like to think you have a reputable Doctor to consult with about these issues.

• wish i could give ya that comfort... i can't. but if you're not dead, and your heartbeat is still regular.. and you feel fine, chances are, you're fine.

• Well thank you for your opinion :)

• Not to me but a girl I knew had a bad one once. I had to coddle her and give her a back rub for like 30 minutes before she finally settled down again.

What Girls Said 1

• change your diet. sometimes excess sugar makes people hypersensitive

• actually low blood sugar as well. try to keep it balances by eating more protein and or healthy fats whenever you have sweets