Is Islam a Race, Religion or Ideology?

I think it's an ideology.

"a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy."

• Race
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • Religion
    60% (15)73% (19)67% (34)Vote
  • Ideology
    16% (4)12% (3)14% (7)Vote
  • I sometimes cover myself in Vaseline and wriggle about pretending I'm a slug.
    24% (6)15% (4)19% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
6|12

Most Helpful Girl

• Ideologies are part of religion. Islam is also an ideology because with religion comes political policies, especially if you are going to spread the religion, then you need a goverment to rule it under. So everyone follows its laws accordingly.

"Like all other religions in their respective milieus, Islam also has profound and far-reaching political implications. It has shaped law, government, commerce, social relations, and virtually every other sphere of life in the Muslim world."

www.newislamicdirections.com/.../

0|1
    0|0
    • There is absolutely no affiliation between Christianity and politics, at least not in most European states.

Religion is observably separate to all Rligious issues here, whereas in places like Iraq and Iran, religion has a big part.

Most Helpful Guy

• Relgion , life style , surrendering to god that's the exact literally translation of Islam , it's the love of god , it's what gives us Muslims our identity , it what gives us mercy , it's what makes us treat our parents with respect , it's what makes us accept the other , it what makes us fear god not because if his punishment but coz we just want him to happy from us , it what makes us free call it a relgion , call it a race call it whatever
    But Islam is my salvation

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Islam in itself is a religion. However, many religions go hand-in hand with the culture of regions in which they have the highest amount of followers. Which would apply to Islam, Sikhism, Buddhism, etc..

Coincidental that places which have high rates of Buddhists, like Cambodia or Thailand are generally much more peaceful and calm when it comes to life-style?
    Same would apply to the middle east, and countries where the Muslim population is upwards of 90%. Especially with Islam involving Sharia law as part of the religion actually having a 'law' within it's scriptures.

Sharia Law according to google:
    Islamic law. The term means "way" or "path"; it is the legal framework within which the public and some private aspects of life are regulated for those living in a legal system based on Islam.

0|0
    0|0
  • Islam itself is a religion. Some separate sects of it might be ideologies, like the more extreme groups, but those are separate ideologies under what claims to be the religion of Islam.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a religion.

0|0
    0|0
    • So why does it have Sharia Law?

• @asker the french law (aka the civil law ) is more likely sharia , sharia =law , and what u " the west " thinks if what sharia is , is completely wrong

• I'm sure it's a religion started more than a thousand years aho

0|0
    0|0
  • What a stupid question

0|0
    0|0
    • Quite fitting that you've given a moronic answer then, isn't it?

• It's a religion since when has Islam ever been a race?

• I never said it was did I, it was an option in a poll.

What Guys Said 11

• Where is the difference between ideology and religion? Any religion is an ideology. Islam is not a race however.

2|2
    0|0
    • Ideology - "a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy."

Religion - "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
      "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
      synonyms: faith, belief, divinity, worship, creed, teaching, doctrine, theology; More
      sect, cult, religious group, faith community, church, denomination, body, following, persuasion, affiliation
      "the right to freedom of religion"

a particular system of faith and worship.
      plural noun: religions
      "the world's great religions"
      a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion."

You tell me.

• Here's a better definition from google: "A set of doctrines or beliefs that are shared by the members of a social group or that form the basis of a political, economic, or other system."

In your case, religion would be that "other system".

• B and C. Ideologies *are* sort of religions, with a value system. Even the "Godless" Communists didn't really have "no God", what they had was The One Party State as God.

Obviously A is wrong, you have blue eyed blond Bosniaks and Turks and dark skinned Somalis and Tanzanians in that religion / ideology.

0|0
    1|1
  • Islam is religion. Islam is not Arabic religion. We believe to Islam He sent to the whole world.
    Muslim popilation:

Altaic peoples/Turkic peoples (Turkish, Azerbaijani, Uyghur, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Turkmen, Tatar etc.)

Semitic peoples/Arabic peoples (Syrian, Saudi Arabian, Iraqi, Egyptian, Lebanese etc.)
    Indo-Europeanic peoples/Slavic peoples (Bosnian)

Caucasian peoples (Chechen, Circassian, Agyhge, Abkhaz, Avar, Lezgi, Laz)

Indo-Europeanic peoples/Persianic (Persian, Kurdish, Afghani, Tajik)

Indo-Europeanic peoples/Indo (Pakistani, Bengali)

Austronesian peoples (Malaysian, Indonesian)

Africanic poeples (Nigerian, Ethiopian etc.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Option E. a cult

1|2
    2|1
  • Islam is a cancer.

1|2
    4|2
    • Religion is cancer. There, fixed that for you. ;)

• Show All
    • nature being science, without voodoo etc.

• Islam does not form the basis of an economic or political theory or policy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Coz it's a relgion 😂

• Show All
    • "part of" would be the key phrase. You do not need Sharia Law to be a muslim. You do need to be muslim for Sharia Law to apply to you.

• One question to simplify the whole thing for u
      Is Islam there to be served? Or Islam is there to serve you? The answer is it's there to serve you. look my dear friend there's A HELL BIG DIFFERENCE from the west view of Islam and what it's really is

• Islam is a religion, but it can double as a culture.

0|0
    0|0
  • Islam was created by Marduk. None of the religions in this planet were created by God.

0|0
    1|0
    • Marduk? What's that

• Show All
    • @Omar5881 The Sumerian texts are copies of older texts that are outside the grasp of humanity. Humans were not the first scribes of Planet Earth.

• Okie 😕😕😕

• Religion. All religions have their own ideology.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a Holiday.

0|0
    1|0
  • What a stupid question, of course it's a religion, nothing else.

2|2
    1|1