Is cellular data gigabytes?

I'm getting a iphone on a 5gb plan but I will be turning the mobile internet off in order to make 5gb last. If I turn off cellular data is that turning off the 5 gigs I'm trying to save or is it something else?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is and 5GB of is more than enough data for your average person. Since the average person rarely uses more than 2GBs of data per 2 month. Just don't watch videos or movies or streaming radio on your cell phone that will use all your data internet in a heartbeat.

• Thank you, what about listening to music on soundcloud?

• As long as you aren't on Netflix you should be okay to go.

• Okay😊thank you

What Guys Said 5

• 5 Gb is an enormous amount of data. With wifi at home and local free hotspots in cafes and shops, I don't use any more then 100Mb per week. I guess if you stream the odd vid here and there using your data allowance, you will eat into it. Turning off cell data will conserve it, but wifi should take priority automatically.

I would try to renegotiate a smaller package. Save money. Not many people need 5Gb!

• I don't know whether to believe if 5gb is a lot of data as I'm currently on a unlimited internet package and on average I'm using around 31gb a month so I'm trying to figure out how I can work with just 5gb a month without it running out

• 31Gb is about 6 DVDs, so I guess you might be streaming videos, films or lots of music? You might not need anything like that on a phone.

• If you turn off cellular data then your phone will fallback to wifi. If you don't have wifi connection you won't have data until you re-enable cellular data.

To answer your question. Disabling cellular data is a good way to conserve your 5GB of data.

• Yes. Though taking advantage of Wifi won't use up that 5GB. On that note - 5GB is a lot of data. You probably won't run through that unless you are streaming videos or something.

• yes...

gigabits isn't a common term anymore.

• it should last you for a month no probs. I get 4 gb a month and never run out , it is on cellular most of times. If you watch too many videos then try using wi fi, but otherwise for browsing, gag, fb etc , 5 gb is more then enough.

What Girls Said 0