How would a guy react to getting groped by girls?

It was a brief dare a couple days ago between two of my friends and I. They have done it a couple others times while it was my first time for me.

Afterwards we just walked away and just started laughing a bit.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 16

• This depends highly on the context. I would probably enjoy the physical aspect of it as I can't really control that, however, the girl's attitude would really change the experience for me. For example, the following are very different:

1. Heyyyy cutie, let me touch you (even if I'm just joking)
    vs
    2. Hey weirdo. Does this turn you on? I can do whatever I want to you in front of my friends because I am higher in social status than you and am a girl. There's no way I'd ever be interested in you.

I agree the second is fairly restricted to high school but I've had this happen to me and it's pretty offensive, especially in front of other people. The first, which has also happened to me, between friends just for fun or as a joke is totally fine.

• Purely situational I'd say. I mean if when walking past on the street a woman/a group of women would just suddenly grope me, I'd be surprised to say the least and probably weirded out by it. But say in a bar after a couple of drinks, I probably wouldn't really think much of it.

• About the same as if a guy groped a woman. It's invasive and unwanted, but there is no reasonable response that a guy can do. So they just accept it. (what's he going to do, slap her? Of course not, so...)

• I guess. Though from the looks, those cute guys at my HS didn't seem to mind. The one I did it to seemed to be kind of shy and smiling.
      If a guy doesn't like it he can still say not to touch him or would probably be looked serious.

But ok. I didn't think of it that way.

• Really if a guy says in front of his friends "don't touch me" his friends are going to be like "what are you queer?" if he grabs your hand he's assaulted you and is the bad guy, if he walks away, he has to laugh it off as a joke, no other choice. Women assault guys sexually all the time (In one study is was as often as guys assault women) but socially guys can't react badly to it. Yes he's going to smile, he has no choice.

• What Jesus, and @asker you're taking clear advantage of that.

• I personally would enjoy it lol. it's a boost for my confidence and also a free ticket to grope back :p

• It happens a lot you just let it go it's just a bit off fun

• had that happen many times when i worked as a stripper

• It's typically fun for us to get groped by the opposite sex, as long as they're attractive.

• probably look a bit strange and funny at the girl, but i would laugh with it probably

• I would think they're sluts and push them away

• sluts in the making... .

• Actually I'm a virgin and would like to lose it in a relationship. We were just flirting with them. I don't mean it as in a sexual way. That was my way of saying ''You're cute'' (as in funs and games) but then walk away.

• If they're hot, he'd most likely love it!

• Then how come girls don't like it when guys do it

• My guess is that as girls, we already get too much attention (even for ulgy old farts or guys that aren't even attractive at all) and yeah that would piss off girl. Plus when guys do that, it's more like a sexual connotation and well in a negative way, not in the playful way we did. Plus, the guys didn't seem to mind and they were cute.

• lol, you're funny, you continue to make me laugh, at how stupid you sound

• I don't see how is it illogical to say girls and guys have different brains. It's scientifically proven to be different, they don't think exactly the same nor even process things the same.

• Depends. If she was groping me with the intent of clowning me, then no, I wouldn't be okay with it. I don't exist to amuse girls. On the other hand, if she's doing it out of sexual attraction, I'm all for it. I love forward and aggressive women.

• Well being 'groped' means he didn't invite the intimate contact and I have to say the few times that has happened to me I didn't like it and broke it off by getting up or leaving.

I've had women make the first contact many time, it's the normal thing but they have to have had some encouragement from me before it's alright.

• You're taking advantage of the fact that you're a woman in a society now catered to women and can get away with things like that.

• It's just flirting and well they were cute guys.

• Well I was trying to point out one of the differences. For instance just because I grope a guy doesn't mean I'm thinking of him in a sexual manner nor that I want to sleep with him. When a guy randomly does it, he's more than likely already fantasizing that in his mind.

Girls don't think like guys, different brains too.

But if he wants to grope back afterwards (obviously an attractive one we would do it to and someone we either know or might even have as acquaintance at school) this is one of the times, it would be ok. Certain guys may be able to do but it would depend on who... can't be just anyone random nor someone we're not familiar with at all, nor someone we don't even like from the start.

• All you're doing here is proving my point, girls can get away with groping a guy even if it's unwanted and guys can't.

• what if he turns out to be gay because of you girls? lol

What Girls Said 6

• Nothing like good old sexual harassment and assuming that because he's a man that it's totally okay.

Yeah maybe some kids are okay with it but that's not okay. Would you be okay with random guys groping you?

• I would be embarssed! This has happend to me before but only with guys i didn't find attractive! Also, people need to keep there dirty hand to themselves.

• It's just that when guys do that, it's usually done with a negative sexual connotation and plus the more attention a girl gets, so yes I can see why it would be upsetting.
      We were doing it in a flirty way, as in complimenting someone and letting them know they're cute. My HS is full of cute guys.
      But ok, if the guy feels uncomfortable he's free to let the girl know.

• I mean if I knew him and he knew me. And he wasn't a stranger and we played like that. Maybe I would be okay with it. But if he just randomly does its kinda scary and I have a bad past in hs. soo... yeah...

• That's very inappropriate and disrespectful.

So I'll turn the question around to you, how would you feel to be disrespected?

• That's disgusting, not funny.

• I don't think you should be putting your hands on anyone. It's honestly disrespectful. Would you want to be sexually assaulted? "groping" someone isn't a funny dare. It's just messed up.

• I dislike invading other people's personal space. I don't want to be groped, so I do not grope other people. I'll touch my boyfriend, but we have permission from each other (unless one of us says no, of course).

The guy shouldn't put up with being groped if he doesn't want it. If he doesn't care, then that's his choice.