Does popularity matter?

I know the popularity doesn't matter after high school, but who you know will matter for getting a job. is that true? or does popularity really matter?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not sure about "popularity", but "networking" sure does matter. You're going to learn that what can make or break someone is not what they know, but who they know.

Most Helpful Guy

• Being popular does give you benefits, because it means more people interact with you and thus you develop your people skills and you can make friends that will help you in the future.

What Girls Said 3

• The only thing that matters is being liked by others. If you are an ass, most likely you will have a hard time making friends, getting a job, and making connections. If you aren't you get so many benefits and make friends for life. You don't have to be popular. I rather have 1 true friend, than 10 friends who don't actually care and give a shit about me.

• Yes it does... well because of the connections.

• Not at all especially after high school

What Guys Said 2

• I've never really found it to be an essential factor in my life after high school.

• yes. well being well liked does.