How come the tv show Modern Family doesn't show transgenders?

How come the tv show Modern Family doesn't show transgenders?

0|0
7|11

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, if there becomes a demand for such characters I'm sure they will write one in.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• They rarely ever bring in new cast members. If they do it's usually for a second or two. To be completely honest, they could have included a transgender actor has a background actor, and you'd never know it. We don't know if they have or not.

They haven't seen any reason to include a longer storyline pertaining to the transgender community. They would need to add in a new character, which might be difficult after such a long run with the same cast. But, I would be fine if they did that. It would be interesting to see how they bring that in.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• There is no reason saying they need to show transgender people.
    If Modern Family tried to appeal to every minority by throwing in a token minority character, the character list would be endless.

Nothing says Modern Family refuses to throw a transgender person in their show. If it contributes to the plot or theme of the show, so be it. But they shouldn't feel obligated to do it.

3|0
    0|0
  • I'd imagine for a couple of reasons
    A: It would have to be a longer character arc to show it properly and the episodes are only thirty minutes. Combine that with the amount of time you' have to spend on said arc. you would have far less time to focus on the other characters.
    B:As sad as it is it might make them lose viewers

0|0
    0|0
  • They have some class left

2|1
    1|0
  • I don't know, guess they didn't think about it. Seems like something they'd do tho since they try to talk about everybody.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they're saving that for when their ratings start to dip? (...)

1|0
    0|0
  • Why is that important?

0|0
    0|0
  • there was a transgender on Nip/Tuck

0|0
    0|0
    • transgenders make up less than 1% of the population... thus Modern Family would need over a 100 recurring characters to make the inclusion of a transgender believable.

• Its best if they dont the gays is enough i can stomach

1|1
    5|2
    • Whats wrong with gay people

• Show All
    • Seriously I can't believe people like you exist in the twenty first century

• Lol you just keep going. You must be one and im thinking one of the real feminine types. Well... accept it.

• because they makers aren't a bunch of stupid politically correct SJW liberal nutfucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they don't want to drop in the ratings. Remember there's only a small community of sick fuck tranny a out there. If we don't have to put up with them we don't.

The better part of society would just lock them up and toss away the key.
    Tranny a are nothing but dudes with tits.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• one thing at a time man. it already shows gays. u need to remember that society is moving a little slow when it comes to equality between the sexualities.

you'll probably see more on television in general down the line, but the media aren't stupid. they know that this type of stuff is gonna take a little more time to become a natural part of tv.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why don't they have paraplegics, blind people, deaf people, pansexuals, bisexuals, albinos, mentally ill people, anorexics, and every other minority you can think of? This isn't a rhetorical question. I want to know your answer.

2|3
    0|0
  • They may at some point, but just because it's called Modern Family doesn't mean it has to include every single "modern" aspect of families today.

1|0
    0|0
  • How many shows do?

and it doesn't mean they won't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do most modern families have a transgender member?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not needed. Just yet.

0|0
    0|0
    • Society is still conservative. But hey they have been featuring it in other shows. For example, the Kardashian show. If modern family introduces the transgender archetype , it would greatly reduce its comedic flair, adding more serious drama instead.