Will I get in trouble for downloading music that I didn't pay for?

My phone is unresponsive and cannot be restored, so I have to send it into Apple. It's a problem that none of the advisors I spoke to had seen before. If they get into my phone without deleting my things, will I get in trouble for my music? I have converted youtube files downloaded. I know I shouldn't have downloaded the music, but it just seems like everyone does it. It doesn't even feel illegal to me until I sit down and think about it. Lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Converting YouTube files is the least illegal way to get free music. They won't care and they probably won't even be able to see it cause they'll factory restore the phone or something.

I'm not even worried after torrenting over $5,000 worth of songs, and hundreds of movies.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think you'll have any troubles, really, at least it never happened to me to meet people who got in trouble because of converting iTunes files ;) But if you still have some doubts you can call anonymously to Apple helpline ( www.contacttelephonenumbers.com/.../ ) to make sure you did nothing illegal.

• Naah, don't worry about it.

• I doubt you will get into any trouble. And Apple is more likely to just get you a new phone than fix your old one.

What Girls Said 2

• You deserve to get in trouble so if you did it would be a good thing.

• No, it's something I do too. You shouldn't get in trouble for it.