How come... toasters don't have alarms built in?

How come there's an alarm of some kind built into microwave ovens, and toaster ovens (which are useless) but no alarms buit into toasters?
I think if the toast is done and you are distracted and don't grab your toast right when it's done it's a little disapoining and doesn't melt that butter or gam (or whatever you spread) on into it for that better taste... right?
Besides, if the toaster jams and is about to burn your bread or possibly start a fire, I think a clear warning would be safer.

I would say the same for stoves and ovens but most modern ones have timers built in. Some even have a cut off mode when they sense that something is burning in them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because toasters are designed to be as cheap as possible. If you want something fancy, get a toaster oven or microwave.

You'd need quite a bit of circuitry to detect dangerous levels of smoke from so close. Think smoke detector, but thinner. Most toasters don't have room for sensitive electronics like those.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 4

• My Grandma has a toaster that when the toast pops up it goes beep beep beep beep.

• Her toaster also has a defrost mode, red lights, push button operated and a thing that pops up that you can also use to toast things on.

• I'm pretty sure the alarm is the toast popping out

• They do. Well, that solved that.

• The toast popping out is the alarm lmao
    Watch your stuff and it won't get burnt