Isn't it awesome how I didn't take my own life last night?

I was seconds away from doing it but then I stopped myself. I just to myself, that this isn't right, and that there is no going back if I do this. I am glad I stopped myself.

I would never have those thoughts again
I was going to use my kitchen knife but then I stopped.

Most Helpful Girl

• As someone who has had much negative experience with self harm, I can guarantee that this is not how it works. You don't just think "this isn't good" and instantly know you'll never want to die again. It seems more like you want people to notice you, which is actually an okay issue to have, you just need to not hide that fact behind self harm. If you want someone to talk to you, praise you, and listen to you, please say that, not hide behind a self harm scare. Self harm is not something that is enjoyable, and it is not romantic or something you should lie about. (Anon because I have close friends and family on here who don't know that I have struggled with self harm.)

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's good you did choose to live. I think that you should seek the help of a professional.

• I said I won't have those thoughts again.

• I think this might be an indication of something else. Although you may believe yourself, it isn't necessarily proof that these issues might resurface at a later date.

• I agree with my man Blue. I'm genuinely happy that you made the right choice, and going to a therapist can help strengthen your resolve to keep choosing life. :)

What Girls Said 4

• You sound like me... I really shouldn;t be giving advice about this but I have gag n that kinda of make me happy i know its small but it make me want live... some great people on here.

• Guys honestly take your own life? I am very proud of you for not doing it but then what made you had that feelings in the first place, to take your own life is selfish , there will be people left with hurt and questions, so before even trying to do that again, rather go speak to someone!

• I'm really proud of you. It was a brave thing for you to stop. Please get some help, before something like this happens again. Stay strong <3

• Remember that pain is only temporary, tomorrow is a whole new day to do something you love to do or have never done before... go explore the world while you still can.

What Guys Said 5

• Good for you. Keep at it bro. Taking a life is a long term solution to a short term problem and should never be applied.

• I think you should see a therapist - maybe a cognitive behavioural therapist?
    It sounds like you want someone to listen to you rather than to actually hurt yourself.. and there's nothing wrong with that really.
    Generally though, there's not much point going around telling people you're gonna kill yourself, or you stopped yourself from doing it.. just cut straight to the chase and tell people you feel unhappy/depressed.

• Accept yourself and live it
    taking it is not worth it

• so why are you here on GaG and not at some therapist who can try to help you?

• Kitchen knife? That's a pretty shit method...

Good on Ya.