Does anyone know how to prevent me from getting clingy mentally speaking?

I tend to get clinging to things I rather not get involved with like ldr!!! Don't judge me! Don't hurt me! I hate my feeling nooo bad apple lol!

Most Helpful Guy

• Whenever you think about me you need to pinch yourself in the arm.
    If the problems persists follow it up with a slap in the face and an ice cold shower.

Your mind has now been cleared of all clingy thoughts.
    Ya Welcome ^_^

• haha the most creative thing I have heard all day! thanks! I think i figured it out~!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• I know how you feel. I don't consider myself clingy necessarily but if I find myself liking someone, especially if they're attractive, have a lot in common, and are easier to talk than other women, I tend to watch myself and make sure I don't come off clingy/overly interested and it can be tough when that girl shows a lot of interest in the beginning.

It's like you feel like you can talk to them all day, not out of desperation and neediness, but it comes off as being too available and needy if that makes any sense.

• yeah.. I understand! But most people don't see that way. I love clingy guys that can't stop making me laugh!

• I think clinginess is all subjective, at least from my experience.

For example if a girl I like is overzealous and shows a lot of interest, I don't mind it and get thrilled because the interest is mutual. Even if she is over the top about it. But if a girl I have little to no interest in gets all overly interested and giddy, I get even more turned off. Sad but true.

• Same here... I tell guys on gag you want my heart and soul you got give me some emotional connection!! Girls love emotions! hahah even if it my vary!

• Just tell yourself over and over again that what you're having is not literally the best thing ever and that it's a ''if it works then it works and if it doesn't then it doesn't''. That way perhaps you won't think of it much.

• I don't know.. Just be all like, thanks for the d man whore.. Ill call u.. Dont fucking call me!!

• So, who is this time? Is it the same person?

• No... lol! Its you! shhh! I should really delete this question... I can't be pouring my heart on her its embarrassing! lol

• Oh wow. Thank you. I am flattered XD

• hahah! lol

What Girls Said 4

• I totally know how you feel, I find myself getting clingy too sometimes. Long distance is really hard as it is, but it's even harder when you're prone to being clingy because there's really only one way to communicate and you want to be with them as much as possible.

What helps me is realizing that I can be happy without talking to my SO, and that I don't always need him here to have a good time. I try to get involved with as many things I can to keep my mind busy when he's not around. Even something as simple as reading a book or cleaning my room! Talking to other friends helps a lot as well.

• thanks also he not my so. It just hurts.

• You're welcome. And sorry, I just assumed.

• Yeah he just pushing it to there and it kinda of hurts. I don't like feeling that way. I rather be numb to those kinda of things. Now if only i could be a robot! lol

• When I feel like I am getting clingy to someone, I run as far away as possible. I used to do this a lot when I was younger with my friends. I realized as I got older, that if you do that, people are most likely going to make fun of you.

• Me and my boyfriend live one hour and fourth minutes away from each other, and we are in Skype constantly. Unless he goes to play league of legends with his guy best friend. Or I go do something. :) I would say we are clingy with each other, but in a healthy way that is best for our relationship.

If you don't want to feel clingy, try distracting yourself, which I am sure you are doing lol. :) or express yourself... Hmm to that person, or on paper...

• Avoid one night stands if it s gonna hurt you after :/ no?
    I am still a virgin so I am sure I ll get attached as fuck with my first and would want him more then onces. And more affection :3
    I need love❤❤

• No I would never have one of those although I was offer it didn't seem right so eh I am alone! hahah