If you found out your friend was depressed or had a mental illness would you look a them a little differently?

Not in a bad way though, just from a different view

Most Helpful Guy

• I would keep treating them the same way I did before.

Most likely they enjoy your friendship because you don't treat them all sensitive-like and from the viewpoint that they are broken, or different.

If they ever wanted to talk about it fine... but I am not about to change who we are simply because I know.

Most Helpful Girl

• What I've noticed a lot of people say they would be there for that person, help them out, etc. Though most have their limits were they can't deal with that person anymore after a certain point. Some disorders or illnesses are easy for others to handle. Some like me who has sever adhd and also have Asperger.

Nobody can truly handle that level. Since most end up never truly tries to understand why the person is being they way they are. So people treat you like a normal person. Which ends up making them mad at you majority of the time. Since with adhd with the inattention and impulsive parts. People just think "well she's not listening so she doesn't care." or "omg she's so fucken annoying and keeps interrupting me when I talk." "Omg she keeps messing up and repeating the same mistakes she's so stupid." Stuff like that. Since that's how they would react to any normal person. With adhd your not doing it on purpose. So then having people yell at you for them when you didn't mean to or didn't know you had spaced out. It really hurts you and make you start to truly hate yourself and feel stupid. After that going on your entire life. You start to be paranoid that everyone is going to do that. Start yelling at you and making you feel worse than you already do when you make those mistakes.

It's fine if people treat you like a normal person. It's not okay when that makes them forget that you do have a disorder or illness and get mad at you when you mess up.

What Guys Said 2

• i would just have a different level of empathy for them and try to be sensitive to certain things knowing it may impact them differently

• Yeah, they'd be higher priority in my life.

What Girls Said 4

• No, I would feel kindred with them since I've suffered from it and still do, so I would be there to help them.

• Not really, they're still themselves. If anything I would just try to make myself more available to them if they needed me for anything.

• I would help my best friend out.

• I told some of my friends my depression and some of them avoid me like I'm contagious