Does height even matter beyond 5'9'' for men?

I see 5'10+ people complaining about being too short but whenever on the internet or on the screen i see somebody who actually looks great and check their height they are usually between 5'9 and 6' and once in a while somebody is very tall, even girls say 5'9'' is very short (not complaining by the way i am 5'11'') so why does it matter, i mean if ur under 5'7'' then u are actually on the shorter side for the real world

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have to lie if I said I didn't care about height. I'm 5'10" so being with someone who's only 5'5" or so would really make me feel way too masculine for my taste and in addition to that it would probably give me back pain from the constant bowing down whenever I wanted to kiss them.
    If they're 5'8" or taller I literally couldn't care less, though I'm more careful with shorter or equally tall guys now as I've already been rejected for being "too tall" by an equally tall guy and it was horrible..

• thats why i said beyong 5'9, as i have seen 175-185 cm is what the ideal height range seems to be

• yeah, but i am thankful i didn't turn out short like them XD

• haha well yeah there are certainly advantages to being tall :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes height matters and lol at you thinking girls would actually want casual sex with you at 5'9. They might eventually pick you as a boyfriend and cheat on you behind your bak, but the ideal height women want is 6'2.

http://i.imgur.com/fk4XI7g.png

static.fjcdn.com/.../...nterweb_850137_5489618.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XgSXAo0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SGpKlyF.png

Girls reaction when you tell them you are around 6'2.

http://i.imgur.com/gcTDesf.jpg

• most of those girls are not even gonna be hot without makeup, my dad was a very handsome looking guy but only 5'5'' and he was very popular in his college days, even mom is same height as dad and it never even mattered, i am 5'11'' and i have personally never had an issue height wise.

• and that sofia girl is sooooo ugly, why would u even swipe right XD

• agree, how could anyone swipe right on Sofia. Im 5'7 and i attrcat many women my height and taller, I've dated women as tall as 6'1, so height hasn't been much of a problem for me

What Girls Said 10

• No it does not. I'm 5'9" and I still think that's a good height for guy. I would not consider that to be short. Where I'm from big height differences are not so common, especially for the under 35.

My dad is 6'4", being that tall is awkward as fuck as the world is not really accommodating for anyone over 6'2".

• damn, u wanna get married RIGHT NOW lol jk, ur a tall girl that agrees with me

• Not to me it doesn't!!!

• 5 9'' is a very good height for a guy.. it is nowhere short..

• sounds great coming from a tall and cute girl :)

• @Joc4Position as I said earlier.. it is subjective.. and depends on personal preference..
      @Bandit74 its nowhere short dude..

• Not negative.

• 5'9" is a great height in my opinion. Yeah tallness can be sexy but so can a lot of various traits, you don't need every conceivable attractive trait there is to be attractive.
    I'm only 5'2", I think 5'9" is in my ideal range. And my girl friends seem to agree even my friend who is 5'8" is content with it.

• When I think of my future boyfriend he's always tall, then the guys I'm actually very attracted to/like aren't tall. One was 5'10", ones was 5'7", one is like 5'8"/9"

• I think 5'10" is the perfect height. I think if you're 5'8" + you have little to worry about.

• Well, I am 5'9" so 5'11" is the minimum height I will accept in a date.

• My step sister is 6' tall. I am 5, 2". I do not envy her at all. She has all kinds of problems due to her height. I already have Cerebral Palsy, and Fibromyalgia. That is hard enough already.

• i am fine with any height, even shorter than me. it really doesn't matter.

• I tend to be more attracted to taller guys but height is definitely not a deal breaker, as long as he's taller than me I'm fine

• Sure. It doesn't matter to me much, because most guys are taller than me. 5'9" is still half a foot taller than me.

What Guys Said 20

• Some girls are only willing to consider dating someone if the guy is over 6'0", but those girls are not worth dating anyways.

• i have always told a girl my true height many of them were quite pretty too and one of them was actually tall herself (5'7'') and she told me i was TALL, dark and handsome

• Well... I don't think height is THAT important. I'm 5'7", and I haven't really been told by anyone that I'm 'short'.

I don't know if this would be a problem with women, because I haven't dated in over 5 years. My exes didn't have an issue with my height, though.

• There are a lot of women who swear by the 6' threshold, especially taller girls. Every guy below 6' might as well be dead to them.

• wow, half of hollywood is useless then XD

• Congratulations

• my point is i wouldn't be depressed about not being 6 feet, not being 6 inches can be though :P

• I dont understand the question.
    I am 6' 3". My ex wife was 5' 10". I consider her tall for a woman but just right for me.
    I have dated from 5' 1" to 5' 10" since I started dating. In the future I will stick with at least 5' 5" on up to 6'. I don't want a woman as tall as I am.

• It matters for two reasons. First remember that many girls are over 5'9". The majority of those girls are not going to date you. That means that your dating pool has immediately shrunk by let's say 20%. Why is that a big deal? Well guys have more trouble finding girls than girls have finding guys. Historically 80% of women reproduce versus 40% of men, so having your dating pool reduced by 20% is equivalent, for a man, to a 40% reduction. That's huge. Women, imagine trying to fate in a world where there was almost 2 girls for every guy.

• nah, i got a girlfriend and been on lots of dates i am cool ;)

• there aren't 20% girls who are over 5'9'' 5-7% at best if ur talking about statistics, i remember reading only 1% of men are over 6'3''. The average man in the world still doesn't stand taller than 5'8'' in the western world and 2-3'' shorter in the eastern world and correspondingly women are 5-6'' shorter so yeah

• Thank you for looking it up, I was too lazy to do so. Still, it seriously cuts into your dating pool. I mean, even 6% + (6%*40%) is a significant percentage.

• Well i'm 5'5 and in the upper echelons of attractiveness, compared to most men who exist within the peon classes. When you have looks like mine, failing to pull women is not an improbability, but rather an impossibility.

• 5'7 here. Never had a problem finding girls who don't give a shit.

• For the most part, height is a very small factor in the overall "attraction pie" for women.

• Having spoken to a lot of girls about this, yes it does matter. Majority of the time a girl just wants a guy taller than her. So at 5'9 for the most part you're good. But height is generally a factor for most women. How big is dependant on the girl.

• Just glad I'm tall man

• good to be tall, but my point it doesn't really matter what height you are or put you at an advantage or disadvantage after 5'9''. over 6'2 or 6'3 can actually get a little weird too since u would be a head taller than most people around you

• I just think like 6'-6'2 is that sweet spot. Ur right after 6'3 things can just get awkward lol

• Exactly, 6'1'' i would say is what i would have wanted to be personally

• I'm just over 5'9, I frequently get told I'm tall by women. Really I'm just average height, but since I'm taller than the average woman I'm "tall." I'd say over 5'9 it's whatever.

• At 6'2" it matters for me because I like short girls. A foot+ height differential is HAWT.

• The attractiveness-value of height hits diminishing returns after about 6' I'd say

• Whenever I see a guy complaining about being short I just sit there like -_-
    BECAUSE IM 5'2

• bro who cares, look at Tom Cruise

• Yes, it matters beyond that point.

• You make a lot of sense there, I agree and from what I've read 5'9" is average height for a man and I look about right in pictures too at 5'10" but only feel short when I'm around a bunch of tall people 😊

• lol same case i am only half an inch taller than u

• I was told the world was built around our height😊

• Really depends on your demographic. Some communities, 5'10 is tall for a man, some it's legitimately short. Average dutch man is 6'1" for instance. -average-.

Looking at, for example, okcupid data, you're right. Over 5'10" height doesn't matter that much. For some women it probably matters a lot, but generally speaking a guy over that height is taller than the large majority of women, so it's no longer a major factor.

• i wrote in another comment, i was going through a video of the best looking fitness models in the world and i googled their height one by one, 90% of them were between 175-185 cm

• well man, i am satisfied i guess ha ha, sure being 6'2 or something would have been great but 5'11'' isn't that bad a height too and most women from experience care about facial aesthetics and the lean body over anything else. And I would already look like a kid next to a guy as tall as you ha ha, next to the your friends i would like a miniature breed of humans ha ha

• There's no doubt face matters more once you're a 'decent' height and in 'decent' shape.

Same as with girls, an average girl with perfect breasts is not going to get as much attention as a very pretty girl who is 'average slim'

• I'm 5'5 and I've had sex with a girl taller than me and I've literally said no to girls taller than me before. I've also had girls much taller than me want me.

• are u ridiculously handsome or something?

• so if despite the height issue you are getting girls all the time, u must be tom cruise kind of short lol

• I've been approached by two girls in total. One wasn't directly directly, but she still asked me out so...

Then there might be a third. She's 5'10 without shoes. She "broke the ice" first. I didn't even know she thought I was attractive. Though she later said she wasn't trying to "ask me out". Just trying to start a conversation. That's kinda weird considering where we were and how she had to find me though. She clearly wanted me to at least be friends with her and she did later say I was attractive. I think the thing is she also said she wasn't into dating right now.

I don't have them swarming all over me, but there are plenty of girls who have been attracted to me. They at least think of me as "cute", which might be the thing. I imagine big guys are "hot and fine" and guys like me are "cute", which isn't a bad thing.

Tom Cruise kind of short? XD What's that?

• I'm 5'11 and I'm too short for some girls.

• those girls must be giants and if they ain't ridiculously beautiful they are not seen as model material and hence face more social stigma than short guys do

• Height is a criteria for ramp models and most models in general. Do you really think a modeling company would take someone 5'5 over someone 5'11? I doubt it.

• Men that is.