How do I fight feeling so exhausted all the time? And am I truly tired, or just lazy?

Even when I get 8 hours of sleep, I feel like I can not get up in the mornings. I often find myself sleeping until 11:00. I have a 1 year old and some nights he stays up really late which makes me really tired the next day. But even when he goes to bed at a decent time, I'm unable to get up and get motivated. I just feel sleep deprived. I don't understand this because my husband has to wake up at 4:30am, 4-5 days a week and doesn't get off work until 6:30pm or later. A lot of times hell go to work with only 2 hours of sleep!!! I have no idea how he does it. I thought that maybe since him waking up so early causes me to wake up early too, that that was what was making me so tired. Interrupted sleep. But that can't be it because, like I said, even when I sleep 8 or more hours, I can't get up. I feel like I'm slacking as a mom and as a wife because I can't figure out how to make myself get up and get busy. Is this just part of growing up, or do I have a health problem? As an adult with a family to take care of, how do I MAKE myself get the f@ck up like my husband does? Does anyone else have this problem?

What Guys Said 1

• See your doctor about this first and have him do the usual tests on you for anything like thyroid problems or fibromyalgia.

What Girls Said 1

• I suggest taking melatonin before you go to sleep, set an alarm, even just on vibrate, and get up at that time EVERY day, no matter how tired you are. As soon as you get up, wash your face with cold water, spend 5-10 minutes stretching, doing minor yoga and if you drink coffee, keep it to one cup.

Take more time during the day, maybe in the afternoon after lunch to breath, with no tv on, no music, drink some green tea. (I understand this may be difficult with a child.)

Also, it would be a very good idea to cut out coffee, or if you already don't drink coffee, drink 8oz of warm honey lemon water every morning. I started doing that a month ago and I'm 2 times more awake, motivated, my head is clearer.

It's not part of growing up, it's more that your body just needs help rising energy levels and motivation. Lemon honey water will help, as will melatonin, a few moments of stretching, and breathing. Don't sleep with a TV on if you're able, that is a HUGE factor.

Also, increase your green vegetable intake.

I fell in love with the honey lemon water and often times, just craving it is what gets me up in the morning and started on my day. It will also prevent colds and flu.

• *note I used to have insomnia, and struggled with being so tired even after sleeping a solid 8 hours. These things have helped me greatly.