What do you think when someone stops talking to you randomly?

If you talk frequently to someone and then you don't hear much from them, how do you feel? What goes through your mind? What could be the reason behind not communicating anymore or as much?

1426

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 25

• I don't know how to feel about it. Every girl I ever chatted with suddenly stopped responding and I dunno why. I shouldd just probably give up on girls :(

• Many things just plain busy with their own life to not interested any more.

• I think zombies must've got 'em.

• Maybe they've just told you the wrong lie... or the ground is disappearing into a sinkhole behind you :o
    Generally it's not a good sign, that's the summary :-(

• What a slut... thats pretty much what goes through my head then, oh well now i have more time to go to the gym.

• Lol that happens a lot to me. I just think they got bored and annoyed, its my fault anyway so I dont feel bad. its understandable.

• Haha, the negative part of my brain reared its ugly head and told me the same thing.

• Like a guy you're interested in? a friend? or what?

• This might seem self centered but is this question about me?

• Ikr.. Its so frustrating... i didn't think it happened to hot chicks tho... 😮

• Sorry Ms Tornadoes we haven't chatted in ages.

Sometimes we're just swamped with life.

• They hate me and think I am psycho for example - @MissNowhere.

• Because you are.

• @MissNowhere well aren't we all psycho๐Ÿ˜ฑ and crazy๐Ÿ˜ต, pretending to be normal๐Ÿ˜Š, so they don't place us into a special asylum ๐Ÿ˜–, it's hard enough to pretend in real! I tend to breath open online. I have got to admit you are strong๐Ÿ™…, you are able to pretend on both the grounds at once. What's your secret, a fake ID online, I am too desperate to rip that veil and see what it beholds,
      If it's normal person - That will be my first experience to get a step closer to know what is normal. ๐Ÿ˜Œ
      If it's the batman's dark Knight joker - We will see about it then. ๐Ÿ˜“

• They were lost to the Institute. 😔
    Damn Institute and their synths.

Al victoriam.

• Well, that explains it all.

• You're wonderful. ๐Ÿ’™

• So are you โค

• I don't think about it. It's expected.

• I just assume they lost interest.

• either they are busy with more important stuff or they lost interest in talking to me... :s

• u dont talk frequently enuff if they didn't inform you ahead of time of their absence

• I instantly assume they're mad at me and it makes me sad.

• I take a hint and assume they want me to fuck off.

• I just think they don't like me enough to want to talk to me.

• It could be a lot of things. Hard to pin point

• I think did I doen something worng maybe?

• I would first start by sayi.

• Death? Maybe..

• From my personal experience and being fricken busy all the time. Its just cuz we are busy. I hate it ignoring people but i have to do it to get work done. I feel really bad when i haven't talked to them either in a long time. How about you asker how do you feel when someone does this to you?

• Normally, I assume what you said... that the person is busy with other things in life. Every now and then, that nasty thought in mind comes up that I did something wrong, though.

• Ahh thats what makes us human my dear. We always assume the worst possible scenario.

• like they found a new interest. someone more interesting than me

What Girls Said 13

• It really depends on who they are, how long we've known each other, and the nature of our connection.

• Yeah, those things are all important to consider!

• Yeahhh sometimes in life chit just happens and all you can do is be prepared and resourceful enough to find something so joyful and awesome that it smothers the sting!

• I'll look to others that I care about, haha. Thanks for your input!

• They're probably busy with life stuff. Or they've been compromised and had to hide in a safe house or something. Or they lost interest in me. In any case, I'd just let them be; don't wanna impose on them or anything.
    Sometimes it gives me a ping or something, but that might also be hunger.

• hm... they had something to do!

• I think they're busy.

If it goes on long enough, and they never explain their absence, I think they just grew disinterested. It's a little hurtful, but I get it.

• I do not mind it, I have come across many people who have done this. I am used to it.

• Yeah, I'm used to it, too, but I'm wondering the reason why. Usually, it doesn't bug me.

• That's a very good point! Thanks for the insight. :)

• Welcome, lady!

• That I did something wrong, and I get kinda annoyed. I'll be the first to admit I'm not very good at being a friend but I try, so it annoys me when someone doesn't tell me when I do wrong.

how am I supposed to fix the problem when I don't know there is one, y'know?

• I'd go into overthinking mode and think that I did something wrong. It would drive me absolutely insane.

• They're busy or don't have time to keep in touch right now. Or they don't like me and I said something wrong

• I would think they heard a rumor about me that was bad. Or they're going through a crisis

• I'd be like "Wtf? You're acting brand new. Damn, I guess I was wrong. I mean whatever bruh." Then just keep thinking of the numerous reasons for her/him to not talk to me.

• I would think that they're busy or either I did something wrong.

• a lot of things honestly, this has actually been happening to me lately and it sucks.
    at first i dismissed it as the person was busy, which is totally fine, obviously. but then when we would go days and weeks without texting it got weird, i kept thinking things among the lines of "am i annoying" "does he not like me anymore"
    it really sucks, i wish people would just be upfront about shit, whether they are busy or uninterested.

• Yeah, I feel the same... as it has happened to me more often in the past couple of weeks, too. There have been some friends that I know are dealing with a lot, but then there are a couple more than have just gone off the grid. I really don't think I said anything negative, but my mind can't help but think that way.

• maybe you could just text or call them and be like "hey haven't heard from you lately" or something,
      its honestly tough though it's hard to know how to go about it without seeming clingy or annoying

• Yeah, I sent the one a message along those lines and didn't hear anything. *Sighs.* I guess I'll see how it goes!

• I don't. It's happened already too many times and I'm just used to it by now. It's part of my life.