What do you think when someone stops talking to you randomly?

If you talk frequently to someone and then you don't hear much from them, how do you feel? What goes through your mind? What could be the reason behind not communicating anymore or as much?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

What Girls Said 13

• It really depends on who they are, how long we've known each other, and the nature of our connection.

• Yeah, those things are all important to consider!

• Yeahhh sometimes in life chit just happens and all you can do is be prepared and resourceful enough to find something so joyful and awesome that it smothers the sting!

• I'll look to others that I care about, haha. Thanks for your input!

• They're probably busy with life stuff. Or they've been compromised and had to hide in a safe house or something. Or they lost interest in me. In any case, I'd just let them be; don't wanna impose on them or anything.
    Sometimes it gives me a ping or something, but that might also be hunger.

• hm... they had something to do!

• I think they're busy.

If it goes on long enough, and they never explain their absence, I think they just grew disinterested. It's a little hurtful, but I get it.

• That I did something wrong, and I get kinda annoyed. I'll be the first to admit I'm not very good at being a friend but I try, so it annoys me when someone doesn't tell me when I do wrong.

how am I supposed to fix the problem when I don't know there is one, y'know?

• I do not mind it, I have come across many people who have done this. I am used to it.

• Yeah, I'm used to it, too, but I'm wondering the reason why. Usually, it doesn't bug me.

• That's a very good point! Thanks for the insight. :)

• Welcome, lady!

• I'd go into overthinking mode and think that I did something wrong. It would drive me absolutely insane.

• They're busy or don't have time to keep in touch right now. Or they don't like me and I said something wrong

• I would think they heard a rumor about me that was bad. Or they're going through a crisis

• I would think that they're busy or either I did something wrong.

• I'd be like "Wtf? You're acting brand new. Damn, I guess I was wrong. I mean whatever bruh." Then just keep thinking of the numerous reasons for her/him to not talk to me.

• a lot of things honestly, this has actually been happening to me lately and it sucks.
    at first i dismissed it as the person was busy, which is totally fine, obviously. but then when we would go days and weeks without texting it got weird, i kept thinking things among the lines of "am i annoying" "does he not like me anymore"
    it really sucks, i wish people would just be upfront about shit, whether they are busy or uninterested.

• Yeah, I feel the same... as it has happened to me more often in the past couple of weeks, too. There have been some friends that I know are dealing with a lot, but then there are a couple more than have just gone off the grid. I really don't think I said anything negative, but my mind can't help but think that way.

• maybe you could just text or call them and be like "hey haven't heard from you lately" or something,
      its honestly tough though it's hard to know how to go about it without seeming clingy or annoying

• Yeah, I sent the one a message along those lines and didn't hear anything. *Sighs.* I guess I'll see how it goes!

• I don't. It's happened already too many times and I'm just used to it by now. It's part of my life.