Got into my first accident today, it was my fault, just a small scratch on their bumper, how much does a touch up usually cost?

I was at a light and it turned green, they started to go so I started to go, looked down to turn off the heat in my car, looked up and their car was right there. I slammed on the brakes and barely hit them but there was a small scratch. She said she isn't going to get insurance involved and would email me the details. Just curious how much something like that generally costs to repair?

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually they will just buff out if small enough. If it can't be buffed out it really depends on the car. The more expensive / high end of car it is the more expensive it will be to repair.

With any luck it will just buff out.

What Guys Said 2

• It's not that simple. The whole bumper will need to be repainted.
    If it was an older car the person may not care or just take some money.

• Usually, the insurance company will get an estimate and determine the cost that way. Not sure how she'll plan on going about it.

What Girls Said 0