In University why is enrolment in upper year classes so low?

My first year class had 1000 students
My second year class had 200 students
My third year class had 60 students
My fourth year class has 9 students

Also in first year the class average was a sixty three

In third year the class average was a seventy

In fourth year the class average was an eighty three

Is it because the bad students have largely all flunked out of college?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because at he start of university you have the students that actually want a degree and those that are just there for the social life and the parties. The closer to the end of university you get all the people that are there just for the social have given up and you are left with just the students that are seriously interested in getting their degree. However 9 students is pretty low.

What Guys Said 3

• People end up "giving up" because they feel like it's taking "forever", and they're missing out on the opportunity to work full time and make "money". Little do they know that unless they're some sort of coding expert, they're better off sticking to a math/science related major.

• Looks like they're dropping out! Of which, a portion have flunked out I would assume.

• No... they don't want to deal with Student Loans anymore

What Girls Said 1

• It's because some people have to work, have kids to take care of and it leaves little time to completely focus on school. Another reason is that some people find the school work and commitment tough to accomplish.
    There are also some who struggle to pay for the tuition.