Do you actually believe in love at first sight?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think we'd have to have a clear definition of love to really answer that. Its impossible to know what that person defines as love and if how they felt when first meeting their so would fit their definition of what love is and what love feels like.

I generally say you can't truly love a person at first meeting. You experience lust/infatuation at first sight and then as you get to know them better and your feelings get stronger then it becomes love. When you reminisce about when you first met you will describe it as love at first site.

but then there's the love a mother has for their child. When its born they know nothing about the child except that its hers yet she will be flooded with intense feelings of joy, compassion, and attachment for someone she just met and knows nothing about.

So maybe it is possible for that to happen when dating. I suck at making up my mind on things :((

• I have to agree, most mothers naturally love their child at first sight. That was a very good example, why didn't I think of that. Oh well, now I'll remember it!

• Most welcome! 💃🏾

• You know that's true. When pregnant, all we say is "I can't wait to meet you and see what you look like."

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• There really is such thing.

In a book about exactly this topic I read that love at first sight happens when 2 peoples faces look pretty much alike ! Same proportions !

What's most mysterious is that couples even start to look more like each other than at the beginning of their relationship - nobody knows why

• Nope! I believe in interest at first sight, love is a very strong word for such a small contact period.

• Love? No, I don't believe in such a thing. I mean I believe in love but not at the first site.

• Love? no. Lust, or infatuation? oh yeah.

• no, how can you love someone without knowing anything about them?

maybe he/she looks like a 10/10 for you and you have a huge desire to get them now better and maybe you both end up in a relationship and love each other, but then it still wasn't love at first sight. it developed over time into love... that 10/10 could also have been a total asshole and your initial feeling would have turned into hate and not love!

• If that's when two people instantly fall each other, then I've never seen it.

No, I take that back: falling for someone takes time. I guess, if two people see each other and have the same spark at the same time.

In that case, I still haven't seen it or experienced it myself so I can't say that I believe in it.

But stranger things have happened.

• I used to until my highschool girlfriend of 4 years left me and pretty much made me the way I am; messed up and whatnot

• Yes, it happens to me all the time :)

• No you should walk passed again. 😝

• Haven't been presented with any conclusive evidence yet, so no. However, I'm will to change my mind in a heartbeat, with some conclusive evidence :)

• I think it takes at least 3 sights before you can really feel the loves of truth. 😂

• No, but I'll still give it a shot yea.

• lol it happens but for those you can't be with them (sometime)

• love at first sight is for shallow people

What Girls Said 11

• Oh... I believe on gager at first site lol get it.

• No. I've always said this: YOU CAN'T LOVE SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW. There can be lust at first sight, but not love.

• Well, how about if you see a stranger doing something that really surprised or amazed you, a quality that you always looked for in a partner. And you suddenly felt an attraction towards them? Would that be considered love at first sight, since you didn't feel lust at first?

Just wondering.

• Nah, it's not love, something else parhaps. Like amazement or whatever.

• not really to be honest.

• I do. The first time I fell in love it was at first sight.

• Actual love? Nope not really.

• I thought I did but turned out I was wrong

• Yes I do 😊😊

• Naaah not really

• No. My ex fell in lust with me at first sight. And mistook it for love.

• No its lust no love don't get that confused

• Personally , no I don't. It is a guys appearance which attracts me, but it's his personality which I fall in love with. So I need to know a guy really well, and over a period of time before I fall in love with him. 😊

I can have a strong crush on a guy at first sight, but I can never fall in love at first sight 😊💚