Does anyone know any anime that deal with sucide or depression or death?

It can be romantic or sci fi... like death parade!

Most Helpful Guy

• Clannad contains death and depression, I don't think it's the kind of thing you're looking for, but it's worth watching regardless.
    Code Geass also involves suicide later in the series, Black Lagoon features numerous traumatised characters and suicides (and lots of killing) but neither series really "deals" with those concepts. Neon Genesis Evangelion also features characters with various mental traumas and depression.

Most Helpful Girl

• . Hack//Quantum
    Steins Gate
    Wolf's Rain
    Welcome to NHK
    Hybrid Child (BL though, watch out)

• Hybrid Child looks cool but its like 3 videos or something.
      Welcome to NHK- sound freakin cool because its what I am going through... I spend my time alone in my room without looking foe employemmt never worked and inexperience. hahah
      Wolf's Rain-sounds interesting enough
      Steins Gate-heard about it... It seem good but not sure if i would like it...
      Hack//Quantum-3 eps but seem interesting is sounds like the maze runner

• Just listen to this orchestral version. Great stuff.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4auwN9LAxRw

• @OrangeBoy Oh I like it!

What Guys Said 18

What Girls Said 8

• The Flower We Saw That Day (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai) deals very well with death, in my opinion, particularly on the traumatic effects it can have on those left behind who may blame themselves. It can be quite a tear-jerker and I guess some of that is from that this is specifically the death of a child with the focus on other children dealing with it, so it's more sympathetic, but it's very good.

• Your girl to the rescue!
    I recommend watching this anime movie, it takes place during WW2 in Japan. If you have balls of steel, watch it.
    t0.gstatic.com/images

• Seconding whomever mentions Neon Genesis Evangelion, Tokyo Ghoul, Stein's Gate and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

Also adding: Danganronpa (post-apocalyptic setting, children forced to kill each other), Grave of the Fireflies (starvation, war, orphans), Fullmetal Alchemist (the negative effects of being unable to accept loss, child soldiers, the long-lasting effects of trauma), Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (everything starts going horrible past the 3rd episode).

• Your lie in April!!

It's adorable and you're going to end up crying your eyes out. But it's soooo worth it!

Also try Angel Beats, Kanon, Clannad and Air. Those are similar!

• i tired watching clannad it was ehh... slow... air was really good... i saw angel beat it was good! kanon gives it a chance!

• Okay! Let me know if you liked them or not!

• okay... hahah Air was good and the guy is soo cute! Thats my dream guy physical speaking! lol

• Yep. Clannad the After Story.

• death note and angel beats are both about death or dead people.

• Wth apple? 😨😨

• Death note