What sorts of fruits do you know, that you think, most people don't know about?

This is called a Rambutan Nephelium Lappaceum. It grows mainly in tropical Southeast Asia. Inside is a small fruit that tastes sweet and somewhat sour.

You can peel the skin off, like you would an orange. Looks like a hairy strawberry, doesn't it?
It seems this question is now about reminiscing about Rambutan's!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Never had one!

My two obscure fruits are pomegranates and persimmons.

People know about pomegranates but I am surprised how many don't know how to eat them.

Persimmons are something nobody seems to know what to do with. Buy the little ones (not the big ones) so you don't wait around for them to ripen.

• Currants and Gooseberries.
    We grow them in our garden but most of my western acquaintances act like it is the first time hearing about them.

lifeonthebalcony.com/.../...Currant-Gooseberry.jpg

• Rambutan's are delicious I used to have them growing in my back yard in hawaii:)

• Its not that uncommon but I love Lychee!

• I don't know any fruits that most don't know, I think.

What Girls Said 4

• Apples are very beatiful !

• i think thats commonly called lychee :D
    they have a bunch of japanese candies based off of it.
    hmm all the weird fruits i know i only know how they look
    you know that really rough/yellow green fruit with all the bumps that smells reallllllly bad on the inside and its a bit hard but soft on the inside?

• I read that this is actually related to lychee. Are you sure it's actually lychee?

And I think I know what fruit you are talking about, but can't remember the name! 😔

• I don't know, I haven't tried a lychee before. There is a lychee drink at one store I know, maybe I'll buy it and try it.

• i like it best in jello form, so if you find that its ssssooo good

• I ve tasted it.
    It s yummy😍😍

• Shucks there's like 5000 fruits out there but america grows like 7. I would say the guava.