Is it bad that I am afraid of middle-eastern looking people after the Paris Attacks?

I got the same feeling after 9/11, and it started to fade a bit until now and now I feel scared again. I keep my distance away from people who look iraqi or syrian because I don't know what they might be hiding.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah honey please don't. I was alienated when I was younger because I was a bit beige.
    Honestly I can understand, but don't let a randomer in the news dictate the relationships you have in life. You're missing out.
    My boyfriend is Iraqi and he is the kindest, most sweetest and helpful guy in the world. A million girls would kill to be his girl. (I genuinely have girls from all races wanting to kill me lol)
    His whole family are involved with charity work. And they're so hospitable to anyone who crosses their front door.
    Don't miss out on understanding these wonderful people and culture.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• Yes it is bad. I understand fear from the attacks, but it is not fair to be afraid of Middle Eastern people. There have been plenty of caucasian people who have been involved in shootings, so are you afraid of all caucasians now? I think not. Most middle eastern people are peaceful, nonviolent people. I have 2 middle eastern friends who are wonderful people and there is a lot I can learn from them. Think about the number of shootings and bombings there have been that have been caused by people from a large number of races. I understand your concern but I hope you will direct it in the correct place.

• Yes because thats not how we treat people!

• are you afraid of me? :(

• I guess that would make you scared of me... Cause I'm really not that scary

• I think it's rude. It's like saying "I'm going to stay away from white people because of what I saw about that boy that shot up the church."

What Guys Said 8

• I think you know it's an unhealthy mindset.

Are you willing to work on it? Because you can use logic to defeat your fears.

• Yeah that's bad... if u see suspicious behavior THEN u have a reason to be concerned!

• You're Xenophobic.
    I live in London, I'm not afraid to use the tube.

• Yes. They are an overall peaceful people, and you are more likely to be killed by a white man.

• The Paris attacks are over, let it go

• I feel the same. The aftermatch.

• its irrational fear and it won't stop there buddy it will include other things to one day you will be curling in your bed not wanting to face the entire world. make your peace

• Yes it makes you seem small minded, irrational and unreasonable.