Do you think over protective parents raise the best liars?

I think they do. My parents are over protective. I think they made me a rebel and a good liar lol... XD

oh and were your parents over protective? And if so did you have to lie a lot?

• Yes
  • No
They won't let me sleep over or go to friend's houses...

Most Helpful Guy

• cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/.../...ict%20parents.jpg

Hell yeah you learn to adapt and how to work your way around their rules. You study their habits, learn their schedule so you know when to make you're move and how long you have, get more creative and cunning. You might even grow up to be more rebellious..
    I sound like a bad kid lmao I was a good kid ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes omg my parents are super strict. While other girls had bfs, girl drama, going to the mall with their friends without parents, being left alone, ANYTHING. just going out in my own front yard I couldn't do. No social media. Could not wear a bikini. Really anything and beyond i couldnt do. They are so strict. They didn't allow me to go out to friends house only if it was their bday or sum. Other girls would tell their mom things and I would be sitting here like... if my mom know anything about my life... WHOOPING FOR DAYS. And that my friend, turned me into the best liar and the sneakiest person I know😊 Sorry for my typos by the way

What Guys Said 17

• I say yes, because a child or teen with overprotective parents, develops the skill of "being good at lying" as an environmental adaptation.

• Mine weren't at all. In fact mine were too lenient on anything really. Sure I had boundaries but I didn't overstep them because I just happened to be a kid all by myself. But my brother is something else entirely. He uses their leniency all the time and has no shame doing so.

• I think over controlling parents raise the best liars.
    They might be over controlling to protect... or because it's their personality.

• I would say so, my mother is the parent who is less cool with things. Many times I joke that we have to 'clear it with mom' before we do anything. And anything that she thinks is odd, is what she wants everyone to think. And she wants to know everything so she can measure it out and make sure that she knows everything that is going on.

Yes we can be the best liars, because we almost have to

• I think birth order is more significant. My parents were overprotective with me, but I was also the eldest child therefore the least likely to lie or break the rules because there was so much pressure on me to obey and be responsible. My younger siblings on the other hand have far less rules and are more likely to break them.

• "The strictest parents make the sneakiest kids"

• maybe thats why I just lie all the time.

you may be onto something here...

• Not always, no. I don't think I'd consider my parents OVER-protective, but they were protective to some extent. I lied when I was rather young. But as I got older (as a kid) I didn't feel like lying anymore.

• A better question is why are they over protective? Take it from there.

• Nope, my parents were not overprotective at all and I've actually beaten a lie detector.

• Yes, I'm quite a good liar when I think about it.

• Yes, but that still doesn't mean overprotectiveness is any good.

• i pull off a great lie all i have to do is belive its truth : )

• Yep, but I'm not one of them.

See what I did there?

• depends there is nothing wrong in lyinhg.

• The greatest problem with teenagers is that they are old enough to begin taking responsibility for themselves but young enough to fail to understand what the difference is. Your parents don't make you into a liar. That is a choice.

• Yes in most cases I agree.

What Girls Said 19

• hmm, it's an interesting 'theory'. mine were borderline. like just at that beginning of overprotective. I'm not a rebel but if i wanted to get something past them i could lie if i wanted to. i hate doing that though. i can't tell u how much i hate lying to my parents.

the older i get, the less overprotective they are of me of course, but the underlying protectiveness is still there.

• overprotective/strict parents make it so that you don't feel comfortable with opening up to them about what's going on in your life/what you do, so yeah it makes a good liar :b

• That makes sense I guess. I mean, they have to learn how to make excuses from somewhere :P

My parents were not over-protective. As long as I behaved responsibly and did my chores/homework/etc on time (which I always did), I was free to do what I pleased. Within reason, of course.

• I think they make the best sneakers. I can't lie to save my ass, but I'll sneak so well I won't have to lie. My sister is exactly the same. My mom never knew all the things we did and continue to do.

• No i can't lie!

• Some of them do, not all of them, though.
    My parents are pretty protective too, and I'm not such a good liar. I almost never lie, actually. When I do it's usually really small white lies except one time I made a huge lie and got caught. Not a good liar at all at least I can laugh at it now😂

• Yes, I do believe your theory is correct. Being raised under a strict household, I always felt trapped in some sort of prison with absolutely no way to escape. I always felt isolated from the outside world because my parents never let me do anything so I end up doing everything in secret. Sometimes all I want from them is to give me two inches of freedom to breathe, but apparently two inches of breathing space is too much. 😂

• Omg I lie all the time. I usually lie about spending the night over my friends house so we can go to the movies buy in reality we go to fraternity parties that start at 11 nd we drink and smoke weed and come in around 3am wasted. My friend's ma doesn't care. So neither do we!!

• I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they did :P

• No idea. My parents weren't overprotective at all and raised the worst liar ever lol. I think it has both to do with how you were raised and what your personality is like.

• My parents aren't over protective because I tell them everything and they trust me 100% so they don't need to be strict with me. :)

• My parents are overprotective and I'm the most horrible liar in the world, even a stranger would be able to see through me..

• Same... But I have gotten better at it. The best way to lie is to believe the lie itself as the truth

• I think it's does. I am a really good liar, but my mother is overbearing

• this was true for me, even into college years

• Naa my parents are soo cool i just know some friends, one of them is #1 Best liar

• absolutely.

• My parents are overprotective and disciplinarian at the same time. I didn't get the chance to lie about anything because they disciplined me to obey. Basically, I did whatever they told me to do. I suck

• My parents are over protective and "helicopter" parents. I am pretty open and blunt with them. They both know I smoke weed and I straight up told them I wanted to go on birth control and why. I wasn't a crazy teenager and wasn't the type to sneak out or do bad things when I was younger so they also trusted my judgement. My sister lies a bit more and keeps information from the family. I'm just more straight forward.

• the stricter the parents, the more the kids rebel