How do you feel about homemade gifts?

I usually feel kinda "meh"

I'm asking because my husband and I have a rather large circle of friends and we were looking to get small gifts for each of those, which is kinda hard.
He is in the army and when he was deployed I used to send him semi homemade food that he could prepare with just hot water and/or a microwave, such as instant grids, mashed potatoes, porridge, hot chocolate, cookie or brownie mixes and he said he and his friends really liked it. And that even back home a lot of his friends, who are single don't know how to use much more than a kettle and microwave so he thinks they'd still like it.
But I don't know I feel it's a little cheap? What do you think? Guys especially, would you like that? I'd be something like this

How do you feel about homemade gifts?

I also make my own soaps and body lotions and stuff like that and he was saying to pack that and give it away. But I feel even worse about that, because cosmetics are expensive and mine were just for me, not sue they're goo enough to be gifts.

Most Helpful Guy

• It usually depends on the gift, but I can obviously tell by the way you make them that it's really cool. A bad way of making homemade gifts is like drawing a picture, for that makes you seem cheap.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love homemade gifts. It's sweet and thoughtful and that's what really counts. You don't have to spend a lot of money to let someone know you're thinking of them. I think everything you mentioned is good enough, I would certainly be happy to receive those gifts. One of my close friends recently gave me a bracelet she made as an early Christmas gift and it's beautiful, I love it. It truly is the thought that counts :)

What Guys Said 4

• if someone gave me to cookie dough home made for Christmas my mind would be fucken blown not even a joke the fact that a person took his or her time to make my gift is awesome enough

• I actually prefer them

• I love homemade gifts and personally I think it would be awesome to get a jar like that. My birthday is next week as well lol.

• If it has a use then I do not mind.

What Girls Said 2

• I think they're really thoughtful and it's lovely to see someone went to some effort to create something rather than just go buy something generic. Homemade is great!

• Well it's the thought that counts at least.