Do you think negative human emotions are essential in our lives, or do they have no value?

Why? Or Why not? 💚😊
Do you think negative human emotions are essential in our lives,or do they have no value?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course they do, otherwise they wouldn't be basic emotions (disgust, fear, sadness).

• Maybe you should display some negative emotions, you may become a nicer person and less arrogant

• Well shame and guilt certainly qualify as motivating factor for that

• I disagree! Arrogance has nothing to do with guilt or shame. Maybe it covers over for insecurities though.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like they are needed to an extent, otherwise the positive ones wouldn't feel that good. Balance is a necessity.

Well, now that I truly think about it... some of them are extremely necessary actually. Like, fear, for example. If there was no fear, we would put ourselves in danger each and every day and we'd do things that could end really badly.

What Guys Said 4

• I like having a wide spectrum of emotions.
    The problem is not the emotions but rather how some people choose to express them.

• Yeah, I agree!. for instance veryone feels Anger , but we all display it in different ways.

• * everyone*

• Just imagine if none of us felt any guilt! lmao

• Yes. I believe they are essential. You can't have sadness without having known happiness. You can't have happiness without having known sadness.
    The rest on that chart are ok as long as those emotions are kept in check.

• I expect they have some kind of evolutionary advantage or are the byproduct of one.

Here's the thing though, evolution don't care if you are happy as long as those genes get to the next generation.

What Girls Said 4

• I like to be postive even when I am sad! Thats why I post on gag because i know they will make me laugh hard hahah! So yeah!

• All of our emotions, despite them being positive or negative serve a purpose. It might suck to experience them, but how else would we know how our likes and dislikes? I mean, if I'm unhappy with my job or relationship, then my emotions will let me know and give me a reason to move on to something else. Without having that reason to move on and let something go, then how would we ever improve ourselves and our lives? At least in my life, it's taken something negative to happen in order for me to find something greater. I was unhappy at my old college, I hated going to school, every moment was torture, yet if I didn't experience those feelings, I wouldn't have transferred schools and started enjoying education again. If I wasn't insecure about my body, embarrassed about my level of fitness, or if I didn't feel so crappy (health-wise), I wouldn't have made a change to a healthier lifestyle and felt as good as I do now.

• There are plenty of valid reasons for why we get negative emotions. Fear for example is important to alert us of dangers. Guilt helps us to know when we did something potentially wrong. There are definitely underlying messages to negative emotions that are important to us.

• I don't think depression is needed. I think sadness is. People become stronger through negative emotions, when they conquer them. Fear saves your life. Grief reminds you that something mattered to you and to cherish other things.
    Etc.. etc.. I don't know just watch inside out