How not to fuck up while presenting?

I have a presentation tomorrow and I can't talk infront of a lot of people. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

How not to fuck up while presenting?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know why you want my opinion. I'm horrendous at these things myself, haha. The best thing would be to do what you are doing now: practice. Go over what you need to present. Make sure you understand what you're speaking about first of all, and then do your best to make sure your classmates will understand you. Clarify any tough terms (though I'm sure they should know what you're discussing). Repeat what you are going to be saying over and over, but do take breaks in between. Otherwise, you'll end up sounding robotic.

When you are actually presenting, try to look at the back of the room, not at the people. That may throw you off more. Try to remember to breathe evenly while up there, too. :P You will be fine. You've gotten some luck so far. Think of that positivity.

Most Helpful Guy

• In your spot preparation is key. Figure out how long you think you need to prepare and double it. Stand up in your room and give that presentation to your imaginary work mates 15 times, enough where you have memorized so well it is nothing to talk about it and be natural. It's beyond just memorizing it. I used to be horrible at presentations, now I present in front of really large groups and I do well at it, but it comes from a lot of time doing presentations and a lot of time in preparation. You will likely be doing presentations through your career so start working on your method and style and invest time beyond just doing the presentation.

What Girls Said 3

• OH MY FREAKIN APPLE!!! READ MY LIPS! lol I had to do the same thing 4 days ago and i mess up s bad and looked so dummy that people looked up from their phones! Yeah It was that bad! JUST DO IT FOR THE GRADE!!! also... if you fucked up as much as me than go to the bathroom and take deep breath with a paper bag and just act happy and positive! Reassure yourself that its okay and it doesn't define you!

• practice, practice, practice. record yourself on your phone and keep listening to that recording. you want to really "know" your presentation so that the nerves won't affect you as much. the more prepared you are, the better you will feel. you got this squidward! :)

• Did you fuck up or what?👀👀

What Guys Said 8

• I once messed up a presentation half-way though and had to stop and bail. It was MORTIFYING. I cringed for like a week. Although, I realised a few things really quickly that one should keep in mind:

1) Be prepared! Don't just try to memorize things. Understand and learn your subject sufficiently. When I messed up, it was because I rolled out of bed that morning and tried to hurriedly write a few jot notes. When I lost my place, I got nervous and that nervousness caused me to blank out entirely.

2) Very few people care. Unless you're in high school, most people have too much shit on the go to even bother listening to you, let alone taking the time and energy to make fun of you, if you fail. The majority of them are just waiting for class to end.

3) Everyone has to do it. Most of them were just as nervous as you and you didn't care if they made a few mistakes or seemed nervous, right?

Personally, I like the adrenaline rush of talking in front of people. It's one of the few moments in life that actually gets my heart racing.

• get one of these img.everychina.com/.../free_stand_flip_chart.jpg

or one of these
    encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images

then stand there and flip through your presentation using pictures and words with big letters.

• -Go first if at all possible, get it over early so you can enjoy the others.
    -Practice in front of a mirror go through it a few times
    -don't make eye contact with the audience, just glance at people's noses and look at different people in the room
    -keep your hands on the lectern, or clasped behind your back don't let your hand fidget

• You get used to it through several presentations. What I used to do back then to kinda help was instead of looking at the people I was presenting to, I just looked at the wall behind them. I know it defeats the whole purpose of a confident presentation but gotta start somewhere.

• Remember, they're more afraid of you than you are of them! hahaa

• Just dont remember word for word... that will make you mess up

Just talk to the group as if your talking to one person

• I would start by not using the work fuck during your presentation. That's always a good starter.

• I used to be nervous about it too but it gets easier. Basically if you know your info down and are confident you can deliver it correctly, then you're all good. I would be much more nervous if you were trying to sell a product to someone. If you're just giving a presentation it's easy.