What is a social no-no that makes you immediately turn people away?

What is it that people do that whether you find too annoying, rude, disrespctful, etc. that makes you completely write them off?

For example, the people with whom you struggle to get a word in in the midst of a 'conversation'. People who lie compulsively, don't respect your personal space, every other word they say is 'fuck'...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say compulsive liars. Though sometimes I keep them around because catching the lies is entertaining.

The one thing that truly makes me never have anything to do with you ever again is if you are rude and disrespectful to a customer service representative or wait staff. (Unless the server starts it but I have never seen that happen to a friend though I don't doubt that it does.)

I once heard someone say the following "if we're on a date and you are nice to me but not the waitress, you are not a nice person." I agree with that 100% and it would absolutely be a last date. Not tipping well goes with this too.

• That's so true regarding the part about how people treat staff at restaurants or in retail! If I'm out with someone and they're rude for whatever reason, treating the staff like they're below them in any way, that's a huge negative in my eyes.

What Guys Said 29

• Announcing whatever they stand for as soon as you meet them. This comes off as more of a challenge to anyone that might disagree with you. For example if someone announces they are an atheist right of the bat, they are likely the kind that are looking for a fight with a religious person.

This can be true for a wide range of topics such as political beliefs, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. For example a common one I see is women claiming to be a feminist as soon as she meets a guy. The norm now is that men and women all expect to be paid the same for the same work, and such, so feeling the need to throw the fact that she is a feminist in at the beginning of meeting them tends to show she has man issues, and is just daring someone to challenge her.

Anytime a person has a problem with such a person, they are more likely to think it has to do with what they proclaimed themselves to be, in this case her being a woman rather than her actually being at fault for anything. The non crazy feminists generally don't run around proclaiming themselves feminists every time they meet a new guy. I am not trying to pick on feminists, but they are the most common example I notice in my daily life, with atheist being the second most likely for me to encounter.

• Narcissism, constant retelling of bad one-liners instead of actually basing your humour on the situation, "I'm not racist, but…" [insert very racist statement here], extroverts who don't seem to understand that I sometimes even want my best friends to just fucking leave me alone

• SMOKING! ☹️

• every other word they say is 'fuck'

I have a secret weakness for a woman with the mouth of a sailor.

the other stuff you listed though I would agree with.

• People who are very selfish, dishonest or rude (except when they're nervous due to circumstances - in that case I can take a lot).
    When people have a weak point but are overall nice people, I'm very tolarant. It's difficult for a nice person to get me angry :D

• People who lie or are dishonest and people who just have a shitty personality in any way.

• ~Swearing when it isn't appropriate e. g. Fucking fuckety fuck fuck fuck
    ~Making fun of/bullying people behind their backs
    ~Making fun of/bullying people for no reason
    ~Touchy-feely people
    ~Constantly talking about girls i. e. Get your goddamn dick under control
    ~Anything to do with smoking or drugs
    ~Ignorance/plain ol' stupidity.

... wow, someone's picky :P

• Guys who disrespect women, or just use them for their own horny ways.

• Smoking...
    People who wear jeans below their arse
    12 year olds with iphones
    Parents who won't shut up about their kids
    Parents who won't control their kids
    Parents who think they are always right cos they have a kid by using the "Do you have kids" argument

• I don't know. I'm not sure there's one thing that will turn everyone away. Some don't walk away practically no matter what. Except maybe point a gun at people.

• People who interrupt me. I will walk away from someone if they interrupt me. It's so rude and discourteous. I guess a lack of common courtesy is also a big no-no for me

• Ideological opposition.

• Lairs..
    My trust issues don't need the stress

• Bad manners. Which pretty much includes everything you mention above. Inconsiderate people go bye-bye.

• I can't stand people with no concept of personal space

• Global warming deniers, and Democrat haters.

• People who brag about themselves.

• Saying things that aren't true. I have very little patience for that.

• saying "no-no"

• hahahha note taken. In all fairness, I only included that in my title because I got the idea from a Reddit thread with the same title. :P

• its all good, im just edgy as fuck

• Ignorant people who talk like they know everything but in reality they know nothing.

• Bad hygiene or excessive PDA.

• People who walk into my office without knocking or asking if I am available to talk to them first.

• putting other people down all the time

• talk about their ex, smoke tobacco, asking me about how much money or things I have,

• If I can't trust them really. And if they're "loose" or "slutty". This goes for both guys and girls.

• How would you define someone as being 'loose or slutty'? Just curious, as everyone seems to have different guidelines for how they view things like that.

• Sure. Usually people who put their appearance forth as "look at me, you want this don't you, yeh I know I'm hot and can get whom ever I want" - like center of attention in terms of physical appearance as well as trying to impress others, and keeping others down. When the focus becomes "sex" as well, instead of who you are as a person. Sure some may treat sex like "just sex" - but to me that says that you're not my type to be around. There's also other points that others point out here.

• self-important people.

• If they dis me or rude

• Talking about people behind their backs or complaining. Those two things are an immediate "never waste time on that person again" trigger.

• I wanna know yours or are yours the ones in your example?

• too many to list...
      I can't stand people who humble-brag, especially trying to pass it off as a complaint. ie. omg he just won't leave me alone. He won't stop calling me! (when she insists she'd never give him a chance... quite obvious why she's stringing him along when it would be very easy to just tell him the truth.)
      People who will go out for dinner/coffee or an outing anywhere really with you and they'll manage to dominate the conversation for over an hour while talking about nothing but guys who constantly hound them, flirt with them, etc..
      People who swear a lot, more in public than if it's just us in private.
      People who are glued to their phone even while hanging out with you.

What Girls Said 17

• People who talk down to, or look down on those who are less fortunate than themselves.

When I see a couple out together , and one of them is being sarcasctic and disrespectful to their SO ... to try to humiliate them in public.

People who laugh at other people's expense, by ridiculing , and being rude about their appearance etc.

Unreasonable and argumentitive people.

• sexist, crude humour, narcissist, filthy language. they'd b the main ones i turn away immediately. others i can deal with for a bit longer.

• I have so many. One that really gets me is when they get too defensive in a conversation, because i like to be able to discuss, even argue with people, without it getting personal.
    also people who look down their nose at others for absolutely no reason, they're not smarter or better than other people so they have literally no reason to do it, but still do, and can be incredibly patronising.

• Oh, my goodness. People who invade my personal space are the worst, and they seem to do it every time I try to shop in stores for clothing, which is only a couple times a year. I'll try to look at a rack of shirts, and a woman will come up right next to me. It's like, "Can you wait a minute, ma'am?"

Okay, that vent session is done. Thanks for reading. xD

• I can't stand people who are nit-picky and antagonistic; they have to criticize everything you do, choice you make, stumble you make, etc, and they are quick to turn it into a spat.

• This is not really major but people who constantly burp after eating and drinking and make jokes "God, I am full, I can't stop burping."

I had somebody do that in public, really embarrassing day for me.

• If they don't even try to talk to me!

• If I'm talking and someone interjects something completely unrelated, it gives me the impression they didn't care about what I'm saying and only waiting for the moment when they can hear their own voice.

• Definitely compulsive liars; people that lie just for the sake of it. People that make up or heavily embellish stories to impress you. I hate that shit.

I also hate microaggressions and ignorance.
    And people who invade my personal space.

• Most turn off I think is lack of mutual respect.
    If he doesn t respect me why should I waist my time with him.

• People who try too hard

• Faking to be something they're not.

I. e. intelligent, pretending to be gay/bi..

• I shut down from a conversation when the other person makes it sexual. When the man starts trying to talk his way into my bed. Or when the other person tries to touch me. Nope, I wall away at that point.

• People who say the word cunt especially to refer to a girl bleh. Get away from me immediately

• People who eat obnoxiously -yuck- no manners

• I immediately turn people away who think they are hot shit.

• Can't keep a conversation, it gets veryyyyy boring.