Thoughts on prom?

Honestly, I'm torn. I have a very strong argument for both pro and con. I'm probably just not going to go, simply because I'm a major pessimist and although I have pretty good pro points on the matter, the cons are more my style.
Pro-
-I LOVE to dress up and at least convince myself that I look good
-This is the "magical" night all young girls look forward to
-Basically every young girl's dream
-Memories can be made on prom night
Con-
-Costs money
-No one to go with/friends will all end up leaving me there to go get their own boy/girl toys for the night
-I'm not very attractive, so constant fear of judgment for showing that I actually care how people view me (by dressing up and possibly failing to look nice)
-Even if I go, the focus will be on my more attractive cousin, although we're exactly the same in nearly every aspect, she's more outgoing and good looking than I am.
-I've gotten over the dream of prom, now my dream is to finish every episode of my favorite show on Netflix, which I can work towards by skipping prom!
-Proms seems a bit over rated. "YAY I GET TO SPEND CASH TO GO INTO A CROWDED ROOM (with anxiety) OF A PLACE I HATE (school) IN A PROBABLY UNCOMFORTABLE OUTFIT WITH PEOPLE I DON'T EVEN LIKE/WHO TREAT ME LIKE SHIT, ALL SO I CAN DO SOME HORRENDOUS BODY FLAILING (my attempts at dancing) WOOOOO PROM!"

My cousin and her mom have both tried convincing me to go, but at no avail. I'll be here that night, with all of you, scrolling through the topics. How about you?

• YAY I'M GOING TO PROM
  • EW I'M AVOIDING PROM
  • If I get asked I'll go to prom
  • Netflix, here I come...

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend didn't go to the same school so she felt uncomfortable hanging out with my schoolmates.

I missed out =(

Most Helpful Girl

• you should go to prom anyways, maybe chat it up with some cute guy or maybe if you have a crush and he's there starta convo with him:)
    you can always leave if you feel too much anxiety, but i still say go even if you dont have anyone to go with, you'll prob find a friend or something you know to hang with so go anyways you might regret skipping it later

• I actually have a boyfriend, but it's long distance, so we can't go together even if I wanted to go. I appreciate the ideas though, maybe if something happens to turn it around for me then I'll try that!

What Guys Said 2

• Geez I thought it was PORN LOL

• Well that would make this post a hell of a lot more fun, but unfortunately it's just about prom!

• I went to prom, it was terrible. You're either that "everybody look at me!" type or you're not

What Girls Said 1