Can a cheater even report you for throwing a drink in his face?

My then boyfriend (now ex bf) has been cheating for months and I found out recently this week. Anyway, I went up to him and threw my Coca-Cola drink in his face, calling him every single bad word I can think of (POS, loser, SOB, etc).

Then he was like ''I can still report you for that''. Oh really? That doesn't compare to getting lied and deceived and believing someone cares about you when they're secretly sleeping around on you. The girl he cheated with even thought he was single. She had no idea I was the girlfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Cheating on you is not illegal.

Assault is.

In other words, he's fine, and you actually committed a misdemeanor. He would just have to report you to police and swear out a complaint.

• No, cheating isn't illegal but it sure is getting treated like garbage and hurting someone you care in one of the worst way possible, where you're made to invest worthless time.

• Doesn't matter kiddo. It's like how women can literally cheat on guy, file divorce, and then walk away with more than half of the estate.

Equal rights means your boyfriend can literally have a threesome on a bedroom set you gave him for his birthday, and you legally can't do jack shit about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh, yeah, he can report your for it. Throwing a drink in someone's face can be considered assault. Cheating isn't illegal, but assault is.

What Guys Said 4

• I am not really sure if he can do that. Never heard of such an incident before so I can't say.

• Technically, you can be charged with assault. The fact that he cheated is irrelevant as it is not a criminal offence.

• what time should I tune into Judge Joe Brown?

• I believe it would count as some sort of assault, but he would need to prove that it even happened. Who wants to go to court and pay the fees over a thrown drink?

What Girls Said 0