Would you rather be alone for a year in a space station or be alone for a year in a deep sea submerged submarine?

You have over a years worh of food, and the necessary things for toiletries. But you're alone with no contact to other people.

I'd rather be underwater in the submarine. I could SEA everything there, and explore parts of it. More of our space is known than about 5% of our waters. Plus, I could get some amazing underwater pictures and have some times to myself for photography, writing.
and I love the water, if I was surrounded by it I wouldn't mind going a little stir crazy.

No one has noticed my SEA (see) pun ;-;

Most Helpful Guy

• In the Deep Sea yea. For all the reasons you have stated.
    Whale Selfie!

Who the fuck wants to be left in the emptiness of space.
    I'd just stare at Earth all day being depressed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck this is a hard question, both scenarios are so isolating and claustrophobic. I guess I would go with the sea, like you said, so much of it we haven't seen and I probably wouldn't get any other opportunity to sea ;) it.

What Guys Said 26

• I think I'd lose my mind underwater. I don't know why, but I'd fear drowning much more than space.

probably because I can fathom drowning, but I've never exactly been in space so I have no idea how it feels to just entirely lose oxygen all around me.

and the view is way more chill in my opinion.

• hahha... I can't swim!

• Space would probably be a scarier death, but here's the thing... if you get trapped in space, you could find a way to redirect your ship back to earth. If you're stuck under water, you're just fucked.

Also, under water you're still surrounded by high walls and stuff in trenches. Volcanic eruptions and other things happen that could cause a cave-in on top of your ship. I'm more afraid of being buried by the earth than I am drowning or being out in space

• So is this a male/female hetero pair? Either place, to me, but I would think it would be a lot better if we didn't know each other, and didn't even speak the same language!! Confined, alone, relying on each other to survive, having to learn to communicate? Where is that 'Survivor Show'?

• How much is the pay?

I think I'd chose for space: a radio connection is possible in space. I'm not sure it's practically feasible in a deep sea submerged submarine. (I know, there's a possibility using VLF or ELF but it isn't as simple as in space.)

• Space. I prefer gazing on the majesty of space, the stars that forged everything. To glimpse the past of that is everything grander than us
    kathrynwarmstrong.files.wordpress.com/.../image.jpg

• Simple logic dictates I choose the underwater option because my bones would weaken over the course of the year in space.

• I don't want to be that guy but it's literally impossible to know more about space than the ocean, at least percentage wise. Space is infinite while the sea is finite. So 5% of infinity is still infinity.
    Anyways I would take space. Especially if I could explore.

• There is virtually no difference here, except on the space station the food would be worse and you'd have to exercise constantly to minimise muscular atrophy from the lack of gravity.

I'd still do space, because space.

• Depends, can I have a gym on them? If not neither 😜 If yea I would go space station cause you can look out at the stars, if your talking a full size sub like military then no cause cause u r just stuck in a can u can't explore or nothin cause there are no windows

• I wouldn't want to go through the depressurization process after underwater living for a year. Space has better wifi.

• Deep sea... simply because I hate flying so I definitely won't enter a fucking rocket to go to a space station lol.

and I doubt you'll make many photos underwater... it's very dark down there lol

• I love marine animals so I would say the ocean (although there is more risk in the ocean)

• I'd rather go into space than under the ocean. Too many unpredictable things down there. There could be an underwater volcanic eruption and rocks could fall on my sub. Space is much more open

• Go for the deep sea! its lot better to be surrounded by underwater nature than rocks floating around!!!
    LOL where the heck made u have this question? though i also have such imagination.

• I'd rather be in the Space Station. That'd be way cooler.

Plus, I love space more than almost anything.

• 1 year in space would be really bad for my bones... but a submarine, i don't know if it can have windows, or even enough light to see anything.

• The sea is amazing but c'mon... we are talking about the freaking outter space here. I'd choose that :)

• Space. I have a phobia of deep water and drowning. Space interests me anyways. :')

• Space station, cuz then I'd at least come back a few inches taller :(

• I could live underwater more than I could in space.
    In space you've got the same view plus it's cold from what I hear.
    Undersea you have more opportunity for exploration and change of scenery.

• The sea, in space I would feel tooo lonely! Animals can comfort :P

• Space station

• This doesn't sound fun at all, depressing...
    But I'd say underwater maybe a mermaid might wander along,, plus I'd go crazy in space...

• Space better view easy

• Space. Didn't even have to think about that. (Neither really, but if I had to chose).

• Alone in a space station. Plus an EVA

• Depends. Do I get internet in both?

What Girls Said 13

• It's all about the unknown stuff and I think I kinda know the sea already. I've never been into a submarine but the sea life is quite familiar for me.

Space, on the other hand, is totally unknown. I would love to watch the Earth from there and just admire its beauty... Thinking about it as a place with life and nature... Ignore the fact that it's full of sadness and desperation.
    I would just enjoy the Earth from up there.

Besides... I believe in aliens. I refuse to think we're the only living creatures in the world. I know I would have contact with something else. Something that probably no human has ever seen before (see my desperation for being unique XD)

• catch my ass up in space bruh. im more interested in astronomy and that than marinebiology, though it's close.

• space seem way fun!

• This is really tough to pick.
    I like the idea of being in a space station and being in space watching the planet, stars, moon, etc but being in a submarine and seeing creatures that only live down there would be more interesting.
    So I pick the submarine. 🚢

• Space. More stuff to look at that is a lot more interesting to me. Fish and sea creatures don't captivate my attention like stars, etc.

• I'm fascinated by both in nearly equal parts, but a submarine in the deep ocean probably isn't as cool as it sounds lol. Its dark and you're alone with terrifying creatures. And weird sounds-not sure if you could hear them through the sub tho.

Space would feel more desolate though. Wayway more desolate.

I'll go with the sea?

• Space: zero-G plus the view.

Unless I could zoom around underwater and had super powerful lights to see with. But I prefer space.

• Space station is cooler than submarine ;)

• I think I would get sea-sick!. I would blissfully accept a temporary home on a planet (probably Mars) by myself. I've seen The Martian and Star Wars and can build stuff, I'll be fine!.

• The sea. At least the view would have some life in it instead of the cold barren view of space.

• I would rather be in a space station. I'm terrified of drowning, and I would love to be in space.

• but it's pitch black in the deepest part of the seas

• i would want to be in the depths of the ocean. that sounds nice actually.