Who here misses Block Buster move rental?

I miss it so much, I use to go there almost every weekend when in was younger. so much Nostalgia

• I miss it too D:
  • Whats "Block Buster"
  • Never cared for it
  • Glad its gone
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• I miss things about it. I miss going with friends or family and it was a big deal what we decided to get haha. That did suck when they were out of something or you got home w/something that was broken haha.
    I don't miss it to the point where I'd want them back up and running but I definitely understand the nostalgia. :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Those are childhood memories that these youngsters will never know.

Literally running (and getting fussed at by mom and dad) into the store, to see if the game or movie u wanted to rent, was behind the game / movie box on the shelf! Asking for all the candy, popcorn, and food stuff that is sold at the counter!

hehe fun memories, but times have changed now. :-P

What Girls Said 2

• I miss video rental shops too :(

• we have one more rental place 10 min drive but its called "Bollywood Video Rental Palace" they only have Bollywood films and they have been open for at least 15 years, WHAT IS THERE SECRET

• Yeah, i wonder the same thing...

• yup I miss it because i could meet a lot of guy that like the same movies as me! hahah

What Guys Said 11

• Blockbuster was THE SHIT. They had a selection of games to rent far superior to any other chain. As a Sega CD owner, even finding CD games to rent was tough.

Later on, they had to diversify. My parents' local one sold alcohol and snacks for you to enjoy along with your movie, mine specialized in used movies and games.

The last time I went in there was for the Gears of War 3 midnight launch. It was a miserable, rainy night and all of five people turned up. Not very exciting. Looked at it on Streetview the other day and it's gone, turned into a vet's clinic.

• When ours closed out I went and bought several movies.

• Those were the days... I'm nostalgic too about all video rental shops...

• Prancing around the shop looking for something to watch.
    Good times.

• Back when we had to pay to watch a movie and all the good movies were already rented? I don't miss it one little bit- glad it's gone.

• I remember having a great nostalgic convo with @dodgersgm back on my first account abut the good old days of movie rentals, perusing the aisles and it's our if stock, etc lol good times

• I mean I miss going out to rent movies for movie night as a kid, purely in a nostalgic way though, I prefer to be able to do it with out going out to be honest.

• It was terrible where I lived.

• Hell yeah!!! Dude. That's my motha fucking childhood. :(

Why did you do this to me? I'm sad now.

• Lmao why would you miss it?

These days every movie and TV shows can be had for free via tor****

• Nostalgia is a powerful thing, I know all about tor-rents and know how to use them, as well as on demand.

But my childhood memories are MY memories to have had. :-P

• lol, fuck Block Buster. Innovate or die, bitches!!!