Did your parents teach you to play for fun or play to win?

Most Helpful Girl

• Both, but mostly to strive to being the winner. We're very competitive on my mom's side of the family Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• They tried teaching me to play for fun, but let's be honest -- a lot of the fun is in the winning.

What Girls Said 13

• For fun, always.

• My parents never let me play at all! I don't know how to play!

• Play to win... You're not black if you're not competitive ;)

• play to win. that's why i've got boxes filled with trophies and medals. ... which are totally useless to me... lol

• Play to win -___-"

• Play to win.

• I song really remember. But I don't play for fun cuz I'm terrible at everything mostly and I don't play to win cuz I don't win

• At some points competitive but then some points fun :)

• Play for fun

• Neither. They just encouraged me to play.

• I really don't know 😐

• My parents are competitive asses so PLAY TO WIN

• Probably both but it's more fun when you win 😛

What Guys Said 10

• Well, my parents are Mexican immigrants and have taught me to strive for success and stability since they basically struggled to build a life for my sister and I from scratch. So that could count as encouraging being competitive. In that case, my sister is very competitive. She has an ego like my mom wheras I'm more docile and apparently, "stupid", like my dad ad she tells me. But he's the hardest working man I know so I wouldn't consider him stupid or not being competitive, just a bit of a push over.

On that note, I'm not competitive at all. I just want to enjoy what I'm doing and hope it goes well.

• They didn't really teach me either. I always just did things for fun. I'm pretty competitive but I don't mind losing because losing is like learning experience I guess.

• Neither, I play to win though.

• Play to win and I hated it. If I ever have kids I will teach them other wise

• My Parents.
    1998. here's a N64
    2003. here's a PS2
    2006. here's a Wii
    Now I pay for my shit.

So fun I guess? :P

• Taught me to play for fun, but I play to win.

• Both, but more for fun than to win.

• Fun

but play to win many times anyways

• I was taught to strive to win, not to show up.

• I was teached 2 play for fun i learned why do anything in life if you arnt coming in first