Why are people such a fools about "black" friday?

It's just a marketing hoax to brainwash people it's like "discount" because they need to empty space for new products. Why are people so naive and wait in the line for that "special" discount. Haha seems like marketing is really brainwashing people and working very well.

Why are people such a fools about

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because people are dumb. If you tell them it is a deal and they se a big sale sign they believe it. I worked in retail during college. On Wednesday night I'd be at the store until about 1 am (we were closed Thanksgiving) changing all the pricing signs and putting "black Friday sale" signs up. If you made a purchase on Friday-Saturday for the Black Friday sale, you were paying more for items than if you had shopped any other day leading up-to or after the Black Friday sale.
    Another example of this: Most of my department was always 50% off. If you found a day it wasn't, you're an unlucky person. Anyway we had a few lines of product excluded from the sale because they were priced low for "everyday great price. " No one would buy them because they weren't on sale. People would instead by a similar product of lower quality for a higher price just because it was 50% off so it was a deal. Eventually we got the orders to do away with the great price thing. So I marked all that product to be over double its price, and stuck a 50% off sign on it. It flew out the door even though people were now paying about $10-$60 more per products than if they had bought it at the "great price " price the day before.
    A few years ago JC Penny realized they waste too much time and money changing sales signs all the time when everything stays the same price "on sale". So they did away with all sales and just lowered their prices to reflect what they usually sell it at to save everyone confusion. It didn't even last a year because they almost went bankrupt. Everyone stopped shopping there because they believed the prices were too high and no more sales is terrible. I bet you any money the prices were lower during the no sales time.
    The key to getting a deal when shopping is knowing how much something is valued and not being fooled by a price just because it says sale. I'm a very good bargain shopper, you will never see me

• ***shopping on Black Friday.

• yep psychology and marketing is strong :)

What Girls Said 7

• This is actually not entirely true. It is cheaper than the usual prices. I have watched for certain items throughout the year. Yes, it may be so they can clear the shelves, but who gives a shit. If I buy any of the (maybe 6) items that I want, they are still cheaper than they usually are.

• And, no, I never stand in any lines, nor do I line up before the stores open. I still get what I wanted.

• I like black Friday I get to see a lot of people!

• We actually order things in specifically for Black Friday at my job, we don't try to clear our shelves for new products.

• From my personal experience this is stupid.
    I made the mistake once to go in the mall on that Black Friday. Yeah, really big mistakes. There were people everywhere, it was crowded, I barely had somewhere to step. Shops were full and everything was so messy. And really, I couldn't see the discount. Prices were all the same.
    Lesson learnt. Never will shop on Black Friday again.

• You still get lower prices for things that you may have wanted before hand and couldn't afford... I mean I personally don't give a fuck if they just want their shelves cleared, technology for nearly half the price of any other day? Hell yes!

• They aren't clearing their shelves. Those electronics are shipped in specially for Black Friday, and they are sub-par quality.

• @Anno_Domini I've gotten many items from black Friday, and I've only ever had one break, and that was because my brother dropped it. If you're gentle with your items, you don't have much to worry about. It's a possibility that it will break anyway, obviously, but that's all phones. You'll just have to deal with what you get.

• I know a lot about that shitty phones samsung, apple this all are garbage putting something cheap inside so it broke as soon as possible (usually after warranty) when you want to send to warranty if you still have they'll tell you that part which broke was your responsibility. Nokia 4410 classic was one of the best cellphones ever made.

But for companies that's good that people are fools and they're still buying every year or on every two years new cellphones.

• I think people like it cause things are way cheaper so it benefits the shops and the customer I don't see where the problem is

• you're 18, you're already brainwashed. Sorry but that's how it is people buying what they don't need fighting and waiting in line - sad just sad, they need to find better job then.

• my point is it's useful

• you think you're not I know, but marketing is behind all of us, you don't realize it, but it is there. It's following you where ever you go, don't believe me? Just look for example at psychology of colors, advertising and hooking people into buying products that they don't need - that's why top designers who know advertising (not some cheap indian quality) but really top designers are paid millions of dollars for marketing campaign.

• Propaganda

What Guys Said 10

• Every year I strongly consider going to a Walmart on Black Friday, intentionally letting myself get trampled, and suing and retiring early on Sam Walton's dime.💰💰💰💰💰💰

• If you were planning on buying something and waiting til Black Friday then it's a good thing for you...

• Walmart is advertising the iPad mini 2 for $199 as a sale price, when they were already $199 the last few weeks. *facepalm*

• If I need it I'll buy it, if I don't I won't.
    Black Friday or not.

• yeah and people are actually buying what they don't need ironic marketing works, sad :)

• If the item is genuinely cheaper than it normally is then who gives a shit about the reason?

• then you're a slave waiting in a line, get a better job then.

• @Anno_Domini

Amazon is perfectly fine too, just 2-3 minutes of external research and you're fine.

• We don't have any Micro-Centers in my state :(

I've known about newegg, but never used it.

• Plus everyone gets stampeded too

• because we're wired as sheep...

sheepdogs have to consciously decide, to no longer be just a sheep

• Wow, 3cool81me

• Probably because they don't have enough sense to avoid the "craze", aka marketing scheme.

• Becaue it is BLACK