My ex girlfriend seems like she's trying to make things right. How should I take/approach this?

She texted me this today-

"Listen, I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. About everything. I don't know it's just been on my mind lately and I thought you should know I'm genuinely sorry about all the times I did you wrong. You don't deserve that and you never did."

This is after she broke up with me 8 months ago and we haven't talked for months.

Is she genuinely apologizing?
Is she just trying to make herself feel better?
Please help me. What do you think is going on?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds genuine but she might just be trying to make you forgive her so she can try to get back with you. If she ever truly cared for you and she knows she did you wrong, she probably does feel guilty though.

She might have acted in the heat of the moment before or didn't realize what she was doing so maybe it *has* been weighing on her mind. It's hard to swallow your pride and apologize, so maybe it just took a bit of time and reflection on her part.

Did you respond to her yet? I think you should give her the benefit of the doubt and just assume her intentions are good (but still be careful obviously).

• I did respond. I said "It's okay.. Thank you". I really didn't have much to say so I just left it at that.
      We then texted back and forth maybe 4-5 times, but I was short.

She ended up saying "if you want to talk to me or anything later, text me!" I didn't respond to that

• Thanks for MHO!

• Yes ma'am! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• She sounds like she is apologizing, who knows if she wants to get back together, maybe she just needs closure. Talk to her to find out more.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe she has experienced what you felt and genuinely wants to apologize. Or she may want to get back together. If that's the case and u still care about her, then give her another chance. I heard a quote, can't remember from where. It goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. It's up to you.

What Guys Said 0