What was your middle school experience?

Title says all☺

Most Helpful Guy

• It was great. I had absolutely amazing teachers (in my country Switzerland, we only have two teachers in middle school. Usually, one of them teaches things such as the different mandatory languages (German, English, French) and classic humanities such as history or art while the other teacher is responsible for the natural sciences and sometimes PE (we call it "sports"). Both of them were very kind and good-hearted people and they taught me lots of stuff, both school-related but also general life stuff. I remember quoting my teachers as intellectual authorities sometimes during family disagreements because I considered them so knowledgable when I was 13 or 14 ;-).

Another great thing was that school was actually too easy for me in those years. All the academic stuff came very naturally to me and I usually ended up doing more than others to not get too bored. This meant that I usually had very little homework and I was the best student in my class and one of the best in my grade. This later changed a bit when I got into high school because the school system in my country works rather different than in America or England. Contrary to the Anglo-Saxon part of the world, we don't have a comprehensive high school that includes everyone. Instead, we only have 9 years of mandatory school, so when you're 15, you're done with it. After that, most students (around 80-85%) apply for an apprenticeship, where they work in a job and are, at the same time, trained and educated in this particular job by one or several experienced "masters" of this job. For the small minority like myself who like academics and who want to study at a university, you have to take a series of really, really tough exams to get into high school or as we call it in the German speaking countries "Gymnasium" (in France they call it Lycée). If you pass the exams and are admitted (which I did), you're basically in a small pool with the best of the best and the workload and difficulty increases a lot. But back in middle school, like in American middle or high schools, I also had people in my class who weren't particularly good at school or interested in school-related stuff, so it was easy to stand out.

In the beginning I think some people didn't like me because they considered me to be a bit of a nerd (which I admit I was) but as time went on and we got to know each other better, they realized that I was also a very kind and funny person and so I made quite a lot of friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was super popular and I guess I made people laugh... hahah I was told constantly I was freakin werid... hahah! I was super self conscious of my body hahah! Nope not no more... hahah I kinda started loving me more this year and its been freakin great!!!

What Guys Said 7

• Pretty sweet. Great Grades, Great buddies, Great Teachers, Great Swimming pool.
    Things were so GREAT!

• Not great. Family life was a nightmare and lots of bullies in school. Home and school were awful much of the time. Bright side is a met some great friends for the first time in 8th grade.

• Shit sucked at first, I was nerd then around 8th grade I upgraded into a geek after that my final form was class comedian. It's funny how making people laugh makes them like you. All I did was start telling jokes and doing typical class clownery shit, and became cool pretty much with most of my grade.

• It was hot and cold. I got into trouble, never got a detention though, (says a lot about the disciplinary system), and I had awful teachers and some really amazing ones, and a few good friends, but I HATED everyone that I went to school with.

• Well, it was quite interesting.

• It was the first public school I started at, and learned a lot - at least socially, if not academically. Despite having older siblings, I ended up learning somewhat how to socialize and learning how some people can be/get.

• People would try to bully me.. I remebeer 8th grade at a new school the whole school wanted to fight me.. :l

• I HATED IT, people were so mean to me.

What Girls Said 14

• Hmm good teachers, great grades, not all classmates were great, some made fun of me, some were great and I am still best friends with one of my classmates (it's been 7 years) , funny jokes and fights with chalk or apples lol, pranking each other
    Overall, decent.

• LMAO
    I was bullied and harassed so hard omg

• All of my school experiences have been shitty.

• The worse. I used to like this boy and he totally shut me down at recess. Then at the dance asked me to dance with him. When his friends showed up, he ran away. That's all I remember. Oh, and my homeroom teacher who made me sit in front of the class because I talked a lot and he had foaming mouth disease. So every now and then, he would spit. Got me to shut up all year.

• Grade 6: Kind of troubled, average grades, "teenage crisis"
    Grade 7: Good Grades, more friends
    Grade 8: Became popular, good grades, lots of friends
    Grade 9: Few good friends, became a nerd and first of the class

• Pretty invisible to the other kids, teachers were pretty easy on me because I looked sweet and I was shy.

But my twin brother got in trouble CONSTANTLY. We have the same initials so they got us mixed up. (Because Jordan and Josh is close enough, right?) I got called down to the office way too many times for that reason lol.

• I don't remember 😟

• 7th grade: the worst school year ever
    8th grade: not as bad as 7th but meh (a whatever year), still had to deal with a couple idiots.

• Basically, I was bullied. I remember in 7th grade I was friends with one girl and she went off to go hang out with other people. I tried to tag along and one of the girls that she went to hang out with said:
    "You need to go find new friends." and "You can't hang out with her anymore."

• I was bullied constantly by these two girls who thought I stuffed my bra. I didn't ever want to go to school so my grades suffered. So yeah kinda crappy I didn't have a lot of friends either.

• i liked it for the most part :]

• Hmm kinda crappy. I got in trouble a lot

• i changed schools 3 times, got chickenpox, and my brother almost died

• Fucked up, but still better than high school.