America is home for gangs, violence, murder, conspiracy, robbery, prostitution, narcotics, on and on, and what's the dream?

Police brutality, lawyers suing, fear of losing home and job, child abuse, abandonment of society, bullying, depression, alcoholics, obesity, cheating,
And racism

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no dream. It's a horrible place. All foreigners should stay home and not come here because it's so bad. Whatever you do, DO NOT come here under any circumstances.

• LOL yes, I'm hoping that some who are here illegally will see how awful it is and go home.

Most Helpful Girl

• The big American dream? Yeah watch shop chop its a movie about what the American dream is! To me its just BS! Its just an ideal apple pudding that they feed the poor like my mom and the things they feed me... What do i have to say about it? Fuck ever ones idea... I want something more out of life so much more and I am prepared to cry my way through it!!!

What Guys Said 25

• What's your point? Mexico is home to all of that as well, in fact that's were quite a bit of it is coming from, China is home to religious prosecution, child kidnapping and even government sanctioned killings and so on and so on I could think of quiet a few nations in fact with similar if not worse issues.

Of course I'm sure this has nothing to do with a biased outlook and the fact that your Canadian, as it's a known fact that a number of you think your better then us.

Also the American dream as it is, is simply that you can come here and actually have a fair chance to pursue your dreams and carve a life out for yourself how you see fit. A lot of simple inventions that the world take for granted were created here in The United States following that exact philosophy they had a dream and they saw it through, most of our millionaires, billionaires etc, etc, and some of the richest men in the world are self-made.

And as bad as things may get here from time to time I can think of many nations far worse off then we are, instead of complaining and putting down other nations why don't be grateful your not in a state like France, or worse Syria, enjoy your peace while it lasts because sooner or later the world and it's problems are going to come knocking at your door.

Do not comment to this opinion no responses will be given if done so.

• None of that shit is unique to the United States. The dream is that anyone can make a happy and successful life for themselves if they choose.

• The dream is to get the fuck out of america and go somewhere better. Personally I want to go to Switzerland

• Lemme guess. You've been watching the news again? You do realize that the news is BS right?

The average American has a better chance of attaining the "American Dream" than they do of experiencing most of those things you listed. For that matter, they have a better chance of fulfilling the dream than even witnessing most of those things.

News, by definition, is the exception to the rule. So stop thinking that it's in any way representative.

• Starting from nothing and building yourself up for success. America has the largest number of new millionaires every year. I think the only other country comparable on that field is Sweden? I may be wrong on which country. But yea, as far as business is concerned America is number one.
    Wealth and the lifestyle that comes with it is the American dream. Free to pursue it. Many countries if you are born poor you will die poor and that's just the way it is..

• America has problems, but we are HARDLY the worst country out there.

You know, there is only one place with legal prostitution in America, and that's about half of Nevada.

America is in the middle of the spectrum on violent crime.

America charges harder on drug users than pretty much anywhere else in the world.

Gangs exist everywhere. American gangs are pathetic, weak, and soft-core compared to gangs of many other countries.

Conspiracy? *laughs out loud*

America is pretty sweet. It's the land of everything.

• Yeah, I read if you just take Chicago and Detroit out of the equation, America goes to the bottom of the pack for violent crime.

• @galloway875 Well, yeah, I'd imagine.

But yeah, doesn't America drop from top 3 in the Western, White world to bottom 4 when you remove those 5 cities?

• Something like that, yeah.

• the dream is mainly social mobility. It's one of the best countries on the planet if you're looking to move up in life, due to the opportunities that exist, though its slowly loosing out to other nations. America will remain the center of the world economy for some time to come though, and that alone makes it a great place for people to make a life for themselves... because as bad as things may get in the U. S., it will likely be a whole lot worse elsewhere

• Get rich, live in million dollar mansions, dine in fancy restaurants, and drive pimped out Cadillac escalades

• The dream is the ability to live how you want within the laws of the country.

There are many good things that you seem to have overlooked in your description.

Don't know if ya know it, but good and bad exist in every part of the world to some degree, many places have it much worse than the US does, and depending what you are looking for, many places have it better. I personally like it here.

• Since no other country has any of those things...

• Run and dodge all of that while others get picked off and if you do make it to the "dream", you get to look back at the carnage and call the other "losers" "lazy and entitled"
    Good Luck :D

• all of that is for money, people get it any way they can

• There was never a dream. It's a carrot in front of the donkeys to chase. It's only a dream for the established money men. They keep ripping off society for their own gain.

• Dancing. I fucking love dacing.

• To fuck bitches and get money

• You obviously haven't been to the shittier bits of the world love.

• Just another jealous European. Don't oay any attention to him.

• You forgot warmongering*

• Across the nations most millionaires live in The United States and most of those are self-made.

• That happens all over the world.
    Sometimes I think the world is a bad joke

• Never had much love for good old uncle Sam really, but I do wanna go there to see the landscapes up north. Well in all honestly, I prefer Canada as an European.

• ye so what? all those things are fun. the world would be boring without it. so fuck off u pussy bitch

• You left out having a unconstitutional leftist non citizen for a president. All that started happening when immigrants started dumping in especially from south America. What's your country of origin by the way? I would like to move there being that your country is free of all those things. First however I'm not one to buy into everything I hear, So I will want to see those statistics first.

• What's new in all that?

What Girls Said 5

• America is also based on multiculturalism. A giant mix of different races, ethnicities, and cultures. The only 'true American' is a someone who is a Native American so... would that make your shopping list of problems seemingly prevalent in the US be very closely related to other countries around the globe just the same?

• The American Dream is whatever you make it. There are bad events that happen everywhere. Americans get shit if they get involved and if they don't when it comes to politics/"helping" other countries.

Plus there are beautiful places here where people are amazing.

• And how do you know that all of that stuff you listed isn't my dream?

• I wonder why it's cool to insult Americans now like it's a trend to talk shit about Americans. Other countries have those things too. #Generalization1

• I'm guessing you don't live in America