How do I get rid of paranoia when smoking weed?

I started smoking about a year ago and I used to love it I could sit there and just rip my bong over and over again and get beyond stoned and feel really happy and okay. but now when I smoke weed. I get anxious I think about bad things and I start shaking and twitching and I swear I can hear everything going on in my body like my heart and stuff going on in my stomach which just makes the bad trip worse.. what can I do to make smoking enjoyable like it used to be😢I even get paranoid if I take a teeny tiny hit

Most Helpful Guy

• Its about mindset, when u feel anxiety coming, completly ignore it... Dont think about anything bad... Just put some good stoner music on and close your eyes and jam... Dont let your mind stray when it starts.. Think good things... But people do change, and it could become permanent.. But your frame of mind is more important.. This is my fav stoner song from when i used to smoke weed... Sublime is awesome too... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GhCcmzJ2kz0

• U may not like it as much since your a girl... But according to this song, u might be a...

Most Helpful Girl

• Im not sure what you can do, however after a bit weed did make me feel weird and I stopped smoking it, but it doesn't seem like you want to. Sorry this happened to you

What Guys Said 11

• Man, if you can't handle weed NEVER do anything harder. Bad trips with any kind of psychedelic can give you psychosis.

Also, I'd take a break off the weed for a while until you fix whatever is making you anxious. Is there anything else in your life that could be causing this?

• Yes, this started when me and my family had to move out of my house cause we had a wind storm and free crushed it and after my brther got into a car accident. we are still looking for a new house and are living in a hotel. it's probably t he stress from that

• Weed can exasperate moods so I would wait until you are less stressed out. Remember! Don't smoke to relieve stress, it's basically the same as drinking when you are sad, it only worsens you emotionally.

I hope you can get better:)

• Yea this is pretty common for a lot of people. Sometimes your body kinda rejects it and those thoughts are reinforced over time, making it always happen

A few things you can do...
    Take a long break
    Smoke very little
    Use a vaporizer
    Use low grade cannabis
    Try to do stuff to make you forget about the anxiety
    Smoke less often

Overtime that should do the trick

• This is going to sound ignorant, but smoke more weed. If you get used to smoking weed all the time, it becomes nothing. You just build up your tolerance to the point where you can handle it like it's nothing. Or you can quit and not bother doing any of that. Also, if your picking up anything less than an ounce, your just wasting your time and money. An ounce is the perfect personal stash amount.

• Same thing happens to me now.

Used to get sooo ripped and never very paranoid, only slightly and only sometimes, now if I get high I often also get paranoid, especially if I smoke a lot.

So I just smoke a lot less if I do, or only do it in relaxing situations, giving myself something to focus on, like music or something can help. If I am paranoid, focusing on things like whats going on in your body just makes it worse, try not to think about that, maybe have a shower or somthing. Honestly though, I just smoke a lot less, if ever.

One other thing I could suggest is try taking kratom with it, it's particularly good for anxiety, I usually just take it on it's own, but it's also a very mild high and tolerance builds quickly, but I've heard it's good with weed.

• You can't paranoia is a side effect of weed.

• You need a piece of mind to do that

• Stop smoking weed

• You really can't, the paranoia can really get to you, the best trips I've had however were being out in nature, not on a couch, watching netflix or on the internet.

• You can't, it's psychoactive so it's the cause.

• Smoke better gear.

• It's a sign from God telling you to stop doing drugs.

What Girls Said 7

• How's about you stop smoking weed?

That'll get rid of the paranoia.

• maybe ask for help?

• That is the effect of the substance after long-term use, either stop using it or deal with it.

• That's what weed does and they bring dark entities closer to you due to your neg emotions. They feed on that to keep closer to you. Of course you can't even "see" them. Your mind eventually is fried.

• Your body is starting to reject it and telling you to stop smoking weed. Definitely cut back and if you can cut it out all together.

• um... you can... STOP smoking weed?

• By not smoking weed.