Do you ever get depressed that you missed an aspect of your life?

Here is an example of what I mean.

I'm a second year teacher. While I love teaching, I often get depressd during the schoolday. Why? Because when I was in high school, I was the social outcast nobody liked. I never had friends, never invited to parties, never had a girlfriend, Homecoming/Prom date, etc.

During the schoolday, when I see my students' holding hands, kissing, talking, getting excited for a school dance, etc, I become depressed. I MISSED that experience. I'll never have a chance to experience this.

Last year, I went to some of my graduated Seniors' graduation party and I can't tell you how happy I was. It felt SO awesome to be the popular guy for once!(Even though I'm a teacher now). Some of my former students who graduated with me last year are sexy girls who flirted with me. It felt awesome to be popular among girls in this age group. Call me creepy, but I LOVE it when my current students flirt with me too, even my Freshmen I have this year (mostly virgin girls anyway ;)

I know this is an odd post, and a bit of a depressing rant, but can anyone else relate? Is there ANYTHING you missed in your life that you can NEVER get a chance to go back to? That you think about and it depresses you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I miss cross-country in texas and the pain in my leg and my stomach... i miss it so much... I miss going to the valentine dance with my real best friends... I miss my silly little child spirt... I forgot I had her! hahah

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm... I get your point.

I have regrets about not being in a 'proper' relationship even at age 29, and both my previous relationships (which were over 5 years ago) were fake. I often feel like I 'missed my rides' during my youth, and my chances of finding someone is diminishing by the day.

But depressed? Not at all! I have lot of other things to look forward to, and keep me occupied in life! 😊

• Lucky You.

All I can think about is having sex with my 14 year old students every day :(

• Lucky me? No way man! I see men around me 'picking up' girls left and right. But I can't, for the life of me, find ONE damn single woman who is willing to at least give me a chance to prove my worth to her! You call this lucky? Lolzzz!

Huh? You feel like having sex with 14 year olds? That's certainly not a healthy thought. Try to brush it off, or else you might end up being a pedophile.

• Thanks for MHO! :)

What Girls Said 3

• "Some of my former students who graduated with me last year are sexy girls who flirted with me." This makes me 1. creeped out, 2. shocked that you would ever admit that, 3. wonder if any of my teacher crushes ever felt this way *.*

Anyway... you missed out on some good stuff but you also missed out on the bad. Being heartbroken by a girlfriend etc

• What the fuck. This honestly scares the shit out of me. Never trusting a teacher in my life.

• Yes I know what that's like. I get depressed when I see my friends traveling while I have to work

Off topic: I'm thinking of becoming a teacher
    What are some things I can do to know for sure if that's what I want to do. I worked in a after school program at a school for 3 years and I don't know what subject to teach and I don't know what grade to teach

• You won't know for sure until you intern as a Student teacher.

• It depends on your college. Some colleges are 5/6 year programs. So you could be going back for four more years.

• No way

What Guys Said 9

• Yes... I miss i didn't go out on my own at age 13... Could have been worse dude.. Prom wasn't even an option for me.. And i moved to often to be anything but an outcast

• I looked through my text messages on my old phone I used during highschool and I cringe hard at all the little cues, "test", and hidden meanings girls sent me that I missed or didn't understand. I missed out on a lot lol

• See, the difference here is, I really didn't have any girls who liked me. I never received a text message from a girl. Not one time. Ever. Most girls ignored me. I had one girl tell me she would rather date Jonah Hill than me.

I had the worst high school life possible.

• Yes I regret many things, but I am more so grateful and appreciative for what I have.

• No, marching forward with clarity means looking forward as well.

• ya not having had a girlfriend in my teens and early 20's often times makes me depressed, bitter, resentful over missing out on those years.

• Ya there are times I feel bitter, resentful and depressed over not having had a girlfriend in my teens and early 20s

• Primarily, missing out in the 18-25 age range

• Stay away from the freshmen!!!👊

• Yeah and at times it makes me feel bitter and resentful

• No but you sound like me... I prefer to focus on changing the future and learn from my past mistakes