Are you supposed to warm up your car before you drive it when it is cold at night or day or just whenever it is cold regardless if it is night or day?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes you are thats what my stepdad believes.

• You didn't answer the question, day or night, or just whenever it is cold regardless if it is day or night?

• When day or night? Or just whenever it is cold regardless if is day or night?

• ugh.. in the morning when its cold you should heat up... in the night when it cold u should heat it up!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't usually warm my car, even if it is cold or I haven't driven it for a week. I just start and drive it. It doesn't get that cold in my country, though.

• Day or night don't have anything to do with it. It doesn't hurt anything to just start it and drive it. The only time I let my warm up is if the windows are frosty

What Girls Said 4

• Usually when it's cold, can't just drive it. it'll kind me a shocked to the system.

• What?

• Because whenever anything is cold (freezing) it probably needs more maintenance and care than in the summer.

• Yeah at least for 30 seconds its better to warm it

• Nope, it's an old wives tale. You just need a few seconds for the oil to get into the system then you're good to go!

• day or night.

• So just whenever it is cold regardless if it is day or night?

• yup. it's the temperature that matters, not whether or not the sky is light or dark.

• My dad says yes

• You didn't answer the quesiton, does this apply to day or night or whenever it is cold regardless if it is day or night.

• PLEASE?

• yes you should always warm it up day or night.

What Guys Said 1

• For as long the engine is cold you should heat it up before you start. Regardless if it's day or night-time