Why would you live LIKE like there is no heaven or hell to go to?

I mean I am spirtual, I believe the bible, I believe Jesus is God since the bible says so... I am sick of the arguments about the bible being man mad and so forth. Though wouldn't you rather live right and be a good person as if it were a heaven or hell to goto, than do evil and find out for eternity that your stuck in a place for like fire (not pun intended) like really. I'm 24 years old an my heart is sadden for many young people that are taking the chance and doing whatever, when from my knowledge and experience can take you to hell. Its not wise to live like there is not place for our souls after death than to live life die and find out our souls live... our flesh dies, but our souls needs to go somewhere.

King James Bible
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." Hosea 4:6

Most Helpful Guy

• do you think pets have souls?

• no sir, only because the holy bible does not mention it

• I can't believe, I hope you are wrong

Most Helpful Girl

• Heaven is not guaranteed, why should I live my life in a tight bubble for something that 'could be'? I'm not religious, obviously, I don't believe in a soul either. I believe my brain is the center of my consciousness (i. e why most organs can be replaced but not the brain.) Also, what do you mean by "whatever"? Are you talking about homosexuality? Or murder and violence? Although I don't believe in god, I am still a moral person. I have empathy, I'm nice because that's who I am - not because I want a one way ticket to heaven.

Who would you trust more? Someone who tells you that they're moral because they believe they'll be punished if they aren't, or someone who is moral because they are a moral human being - nothing else.

If heaven and hell did exist, gladly sign me up for hell because heaven, with a group of people to live only to worship someone's existence is dull. To me, death will be exactly like the time before I was born, pure nothingness. I'm more scared of nothingness than I am in heaven in hell, but that's just life. We exist, then we don't.

But elaborate, what do you mean why "live right"?

• 20 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou,

• If you think the Bible was written by God, explain all the mistakes that scientific research has trumped, because God doesn't make mistakes, apparently.

• Also, what makes your God more realistic compared to Zeus, Hera, Artemis, etc?

What Guys Said 4

• I wouldn't live like that.

• I think that ever person who is only good because they think they are going to be punished for being bad, are not good people.

• Fair enough, behaving like an asshole and thinking nothing bad will come from it is, usually, illogical. But so is faith. That's what it means, believing in something without a logical reason or proof. So you can see why people live like there is no heaven or hell to go to, it's illogical to assume there are such places when there is no tangible proof that there are such places or that there is indeed anything after death. Have you seen a soul for example? I haven't. And I haven't heard of any evidence that there is such a thing. So why would I assume I would have one? Or for that matter anyone? And if there is no soul, there is no afterlife for it to go to, which also means I need to not worry about any heaven or hell. Fair enough, our technology might not be advanced enough to be able to find it yet and it might be there, but then it becomes a question of faith again. And I don't believe that there is a soul.

• Also I'm pretty sure that if we go by the bible, a lot of decent people I know are going to go the hell, simply because they lack the same thing I do, faith in the Christian God. Doesn't sound like a very just or good god to me that, for only lack of faith, would condemn good people to torture for eternity. Does it sound like that to you? Because I think that if it does, then you aren't as good of person as you think you are.

• To be honest I find it odd if people are behaving decently to those around them purely out of fear of punishment. But it beats them being assholes.

• not just for the pure fear of punishment, its because we love Jesus! who dies for our sins, our creator and what he request of us.. when we love sometime, we do repect them and their words, well Gods word is manifested in the bible, which is our guide book to how we should live. Sir, I ask that you pick up a holy bible and read it in it entirety, you may be surprise how may question and clarity it will give you. I was baptized in Jesus name at the age of 16, and because of this God has open door, I have never smoked drinked nor had sex. No I am not perfect no human is , but because of following GODS word and his will, he has protected me and provided me with safety, God Bless

• this is a link to an online bible...https://www.biblegateway.com/app/ ... Jesus changed my life...
      I will leave you with this scripture "2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." -Jesus

• Awesome! Amen

• I live the way I think right according to my ideas of what is moral. I don't know about an afterlife of rewards and punishments but it seems extremely unlikely to me.

I think the evidence for there being a biological basis for behavior is overwhelming. People's actions are dictated within a small random range by biology and environment. If God exists he is responsible for these things, our biology is not in our control and our environment is only slightly controllable for most of us. To be condemned for being bad by God is like you getting a dog and starving and beating it until it becomes ferocious then shooting it because it bites people.

• okay sir I respect your opinion, and have no judgement towards you whatsoever, Though, if you could read the bible in its entirety , you may have a different perspective.

• I am familiar with the bible and with the major theological views and explanations. These were all concocted in an age when our understanding of the workings of the human brain were rudimentary. Modern scientific research has resolved the age old questions about how much influence our will has over our behavior.

www.nature.com/.../...a-tale-of-two-halves-1.10213

The model of the human mind on which theology is based is an illusion. When you see through it the absurdity of a bookkeeper/judge God become apparent.

What Girls Said 1

• Well maybe that's just it. What if all of the wrongdoers believe that there is an after life and that there is a God and they do what they want simply because of the fact that the Bible states that his only begotten son "died for our sins" and they believe they're going to get into heaven regardless of what they do?

What then?

• Hosea 4:6King James Version (KJV)

6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
      www.biblegateway.com/.../

• then those, " wrongdoers believe that there is an after life and that there is a God and they do what they want simply because of the fact that the Bible states that his only begotten son "died for our sins", are "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."Mark 8:38... Since there only lookiing at one small increment of the bible "died for our sins" and forgetting all other aspects such as Acts 2:38 records the Apostle Peter’s words on the day of Pentecost, “Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.’” This was a strong affirmation by Peter that “there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). so if a person happens to believe that there going to hell simply because

• states his only begotten son "died for our sins" , they are selective to what knowledge they perceive, and chose to pick part of the bible that they believe when in reality, there is a whole bible that show us how to live right and seek salvation not just four words from the bible