People who have worked retail, Whats the dumbest customer you have ever seen?

I'll go first. I was working at a pool store
My manager was on the phone and here is the conversation verbatim
Customer:Help, I need something to fix my pool
Manager: Okay how can I help
Customer: I'm having a pool party in a couple hours and my waters clear.
Manager: okay.
Customer: But it turned my kids skin brown.
Manager: GET YOUR KIDS OUT OF THE WATER RIGHT NOW. ITS NOT SAFE.
Customer: But people will be here soon. If you don't have a solution right now I'm going to the other pool store.

We never heard from this lady again

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to work in a visitor center/museum gift shop which is about the civil war and my town and I've heard a lot.

1. "Where are we?"
    2. "What state are we in?"
    3.) "where's the battlefield?" ("Um.. You're standing on it.")
    4. "Is sarsaparilla alcohol? Why are you serving alcohol in your store?"
    5. This one needs some explaining. We have 4 tour CDs you can buy to tour the battlefield on your own. The best one we have is 3 hours long and contains 3 CD's, one for each day of the battle. People always look at me wide eyed and say, "so this tour is three days long?" -_-

I think that's all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone asked if a candle in a birthday cake is edible this was at a cake shop

What Girls Said 3

• I didn't work in retail, but I used to work at an amusement park.

One day, when I was operating the carousel, a child started screaming her head off. I didn't know if she was having a fit or something, so I emergency stopped the ride (this shuts the motor off as well so the thing stops quicker).

I go over to the child and her mother, and I asked if everything was okay. The woman was incredibly snippy with me.

WOMAN: Yes, there's a problem! You started the ride too fast and she was scared!
    ME: It's just a default setting ma'am. Perhaps you should take your concerns to the customer service desk as I am unable to change anything.
    WOMAN: *You* need to slow down the ride!
    SOMEONE'S GRANDMA: Just go, lady, your kid is scaring the other kids!

My manager heard all this and laughed to kill herself. If your child (who was around 10) is afraid of a carousel, you probably shouldn't be at an amusement park.

• Also, I don't know how much you know about carousel operation but there are two buttons. Stop and go.

• hahah 1 HOUR later i find this! hahahah ohhhh hahahah

• Lmao

:D

What Guys Said 1

• I was a courtesy clerk (bag boy).
    Every fucker that came in with reuseable bags, bought a bunch of cans or other heavy shit, and then said to make the bags light and not use any plastic... fuck them.

Eventually I just would bag it sarcastically every time, making the bags extremely light and then having them yell at me.