How should I adress my bi gender friend?

my friend (who is commonly reffered to as she) just came out to me as bigender and im completely fine with that but i want to be sensitive and im not sure what pronoun to use around her, obviously im not going to call my friend he as they are out to anyone but me but when im around them do i refer to her as she or just as her first name and try avoid using any gender pronouns unless i get given permission by her directly.

• call her she
  • just use first name to be safe, but may risk sounding weird

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're just with her one on one you wouldn't be using pronouns to refer to her, would you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, the best thing to do is always ask. Your friend obviously trusts you and as long as you're not really shifty about it, double checking the pronouns aren't a big deal. If you want to be totally safe, go with they/them/their pronouns but you and your friend seem to be close enough that I'm sure they'd be cool - and probably grateful - for you double checking with them.

What Guys Said 4

• I'd avoid pronoins. I personally use man and dude even to girls so I'd probally use those

• Ask them - it's the best thing you can do, and they shouldn't get offended.

You could use They/Them/Their pronouns, but some people are more comfortable with binary pronouns like She/Her/Hers.

• She was born a girl, she'll die a girl, nothing can change that. Call her she.

• call it it

What Girls Said 7

• If you're unsure of what pronoun to use then ask them. It's not offensive, they'll understand.

• call her a she for now, you could also ask her what she prefers, which will let her know you care and respect her decision. she might be fine with female, she might like to switch in between depending on how she feels, or she might simply like gender neutral ones like 'they'.

• Ask them. Just say "I don't understand much about this and I was curious as to which pronouns I should call you or what you preferred to be called."

• Just ask what they want to be called, no big deal.

• Just call her by name.

• Call he or her IT.. LOL! 😂😂
    Who cares !!