Would you be angry because of THIS?

I've got girlfriend and I've asked her what her mom thinks about me. I wasn't at her home, yet.

She told me how mum asked her if I've got licence and If I'll continue with faculty - she told her no to both and she said like what kind of guy did you get?

I was shocked when she was telling me that story and pissed off?

I'm 19 years old*

Most Helpful Girl

• Her mom is trying to get a feel for you and if you don't have a license and are not continuing with "faculty" which I'm assuming means college/school, then honestly, it reflects poorly on you. You look like someone who will not be able to support a woman since you could not stay in school and for your age, you really ought to have a license.

• I agree and sorry I'm 19 years old, I work on some things about marketing and I love doing that should I go because of that to faculty, no because it's waste of time, but seems like in this society fucked up we have "standards" what is good and what's not.

• Yes! I do. It's good you found something you enjoy 😊 I wish you luck

• yeah seems like it really is, but yesterday that happen and she invited me to her home and I was like after that saying that I don't want to go because I was pissed of actually embarrassed. I'll go next time if she'll invite me :/

Most Helpful Guy

• No, kinda expected really.

• what is expected? I don't have car licence because I didn't need it when till I was 18 I had 15 minutes to school by bus and I'm living in home. Then I just didn't want to do and I'm working now to finish this car licence.

• I guess when it comes to dinner with the parents you better have ya charm on haha.

• today she said that if I'll go and I didn't want to go when she said that, I just felt like stupid !

What Girls Said 2

• I agree with @SirenDep comment, mothers do act like that cuz they want the best for their daughters. However, i dont think she should have said it.

• I asked her what mom thinks and she said that, yeah maybe she really shouldn't said that :/

• Yeah, I think it's best to not ask ur girlfriend any more questions about what her mother thinks of u anymore. :)

• Mothers can get a bit over-reactive sometimes. She just wants the best for her daughter.

• yeah, but damn I felt like trash, that's why I was super angry maybe it's just me, but I don't understand people judging by grade if you're good or bad guy.

I'll copy paste that from comment above, I'm not a bad guy I love doing what I do, I just feel like faculty is not a must plus that kind of faculty don't have in my country
      - Second place on building companies (if I would be first I would go to London to develop this further)
      - Got my first job online alone when I was 16 for 300$
      - Won award for most "hard working guy" among 140 people plus I was only 17 at that time.

• Her mother probably is a bit old-school, she believes that education and knowing how to drive is important. She doesn't know you to judge your personality or your skills. When you get to know her, you can tell her all these stuff you mentioned below, she'll change her mind about you. And anyway, I still don't have a driving licence either, because my parents will pa for it only once I finish university.

• yeah seems like it really is, but yesterday that happen and she invited me to her home and I was like after that saying that I don't want to go because I was pissed of actually embarrassed. I'll go next time if she'll invite me :D

What Guys Said 1

• Dump her, her family will make your life hell.