Real Christmas trees or fake Christmas trees?

Which do you use?

My family uses a fake tree. My mom doesn't like the abundance of pine needles in the house.

• Real tree!
  • Fake tree!
  • None/other

Most Helpful Guy

• Real tree. I can't have that fake shit. Doesn't look real close up, hard to store, and doesn't have the same great fucking smell that I love. Ya it costs more over time and cleaning it and making sure it's watered can be extra stuff, but it's not hard people. Anyway, that's not whats really important about Christmas, what's Important is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, in which the holy day is about, and spending it with my relatives and family, and spreading the joy it brings us (my relatives, family and I).

Most Helpful Girl

• Fake tree all the way. I like that it can be reused until it falls apart and it saves a tree from being cut down. I can't deal with all the needles either, and you never really know if the tree you're getting is going to be one where all the needles fall off after 2 days or something. Also, there is no increased fire hazard with a fake tree - real trees have to be constantly watered so they don't dry out. The number one cause of holiday house fires where I live is dried out trees. Also some trees have a lot of sap. Sticky!

Plus some of them are just too damn big, lol.

http://i.imgur.com/e9LfcPP.gif

What Guys Said 23

• No Christmas tree here, no Christmas nativity scene either. Just nothing related to any old custom or religion.

• The main tree, I prefer a fake one! It looks nice EVERY time, less risk of fire, less mess and maintenance.

Maybe a small tree in another room if I want that natural Christmas tree scent. :-D

• Really trees are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better. Our local farm stand grows and sells their own trees, so I don't feel bad about it taking one home.

• Real tree

,,,,,,,

• We do that fake tree in my family but we always grew up with a real one. We do a lazy Christmas now that we are all grown up. Sometimes we don't even put up a tree and just do the exchanging of gifts.

• My dad does that, last tree he had looked like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree and afterwards he just stopped getting one.

• I preffer fake. No pine needles, usually fire resistant, can use the same one every year andyou don't murder a tree.
    That last part was a joke by the way I'm not trying to preach or anything

• I've never had a real tree.

• Would you want one?

• My parents are divorced. My mom uses a fake tree and my dad when he was remarried always got real ones, so I've had experience with both. The only big thing I looked forward to for the real tree (aside from decorating it) was picking up the pine needles because we made a game out of it. My dad always bought those big barrels of popcorn and for every 10 pine needles we got 1 handful of popcorn.

Though I think I prefer our fake tree with my mom. We make the assembly fun and it's not painful. Plus there's hardly any mess.

• We usually use a real one. Every year though its always a pain to get out of the house and it leaves a mess everywhere. We always get aggravated and say we will get a fake one next year but we keep going to the real ones.

• Fake trees are the best. The needles never shed, no sap, plus they do not catch fire or dry out like a real tree. Much easier to decorate too.

• By all means get a fake tree, if you want the sent of pine, but some of those scented pine cones in the store that smell like Christmas, and stick them next to a tree, real trees are a fire hazard, and we should be preserving the natural forests anyway. And you can keep a nice high quality fake tree for 20 years if you treat it properly.

• I'm not having any tree...

• I'd say fake I guess I don't know lol

• Real trees for the win

• Fake is better, unless you want to clean the forests

• Fake.

It's sad to kill a tree just because Christmas.

• If it wasn't for Christmas, it wouldn't have existed at all, just like all those trees cultivated for the paper industry.
      Do we mourn every harvest?

• @jacquesvol Paper is essential for us. In this case not that much.
      This specie would not disappear.

For me, it's sad because takes years to develop a acceptable size, and cutted just to put inside an house for 2 or 3 weeks. Then... discarted on the garbage.

It's a poor use.

• Realistic fake tree. Want something that looks nice and natural, but doesn't die or require care.

• I have a fake one. It's way less mess and upkeep.

• Always a fake tree in my house. One of my sisters is allergic.

• A real one please. But only if I have someone to get rid of it. Can be very messy.

• Fake. I don't want bloody insects or something in my house.

• Real one looks and smells better.

• I like real ones more but i use fake ones because its more convenient

• Real turkey or fake turkey?

What Girls Said 15

• I prefer a fake tree. You can use it for years. It still looks nice. You don't have to clean up pine needles all the time.

• The fake ones come ~*pre-lit*~ and don't drop needles all over the carpet.

• Real. I love the Christmassy pine smell. We usually put up a fake tree but this year we're getting a real one.

• I like real tree!

• Fake tree since you won't have to worry about pine needs. It gets all over the floor, and sometimes it can puncture your food. *Knows this from experience.* .3.

• We use a fake tree, but I prefer real. I like the smell of the real tree better, but it just gets too messy and also they make me itch.

• Could never do a fake Christmas tree, it's just not the same to me. We have one in a massive pot that just keeps growing year after year and we use that.

• Where I live th ere not many places you can't get real ones. But we've been using the same tree. for multiiple years.

• I love real trees but my family always used fake ones.

• I'm the same way, the only real tree I put up is my grandmother's.

• I have never had a real Christmas tree but I love the smell of pine. It's super Christmassy. I dislike fake trees unless they are the colored ones.

• Fake cause the real ones make a mess and you have to worry about it catching on fire and i hate the smell.

• We have never had a fake tree in this house and we never will.

• I have a fake one just because it's easier.

• reall!! i like the smell of real Christmas tree, its like bring me back to the childhood

• We use a fake tree

• I much rather a real tree. I don't know something about having a real tree inside my house makes me feel more festive. :P