What do you think an agnostic is?

• Someone who recognises that they lack the knowledge of whether or not any gods exist.
  • Someone who believes that whether or not gods exist cannot be known.
  • A lazy atheist.
  • See answers
  • Something else.

Most Helpful Girl

• I choose B and that's also what I believe in.

• Do you think you know that? (That is know that it can't be known whether or not god/s exist?)

• I reject belief in god/s and myself lack belief in god/s, but don't believe I can necessarily prove gods don't exist, depending on how they're defined. You could say I'm an agnostic atheist, but that's perhaps misleading.

• I see. Talking about those things it's complicated. Sometimes people don't understand our thoughts.

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to be an atheist, now I don't know what to call myself.

I know that god is a state of nature, but I know it is not a sentient being in the sky.

Where do people like me go in terms of terminology.

To me agnosticism and atheism is the natural progression away from religion until you realize the nature of reality.

In the most laymen of terms, god is the static state of natural forces in nature in the context of totality in the 10th dimension of infinite possibility in string theory, and by consequential byproduct, we are all its children while at the same time we are it.

• I decided to give it my own terminology, Naturalistic Utopianism.

What Girls Said 6

• Someone who believe in a higher power/ God but who doesn't follow a religion... I think... Or is a Deist? I don't really know

• Why r u arguing with everyone? Look, just go on google and search up "agnostic". There's your definition. It's not a big deal

• I want to know what people think it means.

• Oh, you know what, i just read agnostic as antagonistic, haha, my bad. No agnostic is when you question the existence of god. You don't believe he exists, nor not exist. You just question it

• @Dave20154 No, it means you lack knowledge of whether or not there are gods. It doesn't mean you must be questioning it.

• By dictionary definition, an agnostic is "a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God." Technically we're all agnostic, religious or non-religious. I can't prove god doesn't exist, but I can't prove unicorns don't either.

• Could someone not belong to a religion without god/s and still be agnostic?

• Slippery slope. By dictionary definition, questionable at best, since it encompasses 'God.' I think a boarder term would be a "skeptic."

• I voted B but it's more of a confirmation of A and B.

• As an agnostic myself, I chose B ☺

• So you're sure that it can not be known whether or not god/s exist?

• I refer to myself as being an agnostic. I believe something may or may not exist, but there's simply no proof so I really don't care.

What Guys Said 10

• There is the truest definition of the word and then there is how the word is actually used most often. How it is typically used is by anyone that is unsure if they believe or not and afraid to commit to a real answer. They aren't sure what to believe. Otherwise people will typically just call themselves theists or atheists, and would be insulted being called something like an agnostic theist.

• Someone who is indifferent to the existence of god, and neither accepts or denies this. I'm agnostic myself!

• Do you have a view on whether or not it might be possible to know if god/s exist?

• Not really! I was born religious, and became an atheist a decade ago. But of late, I have decided to tread the middle path because I have been having agnostic views. I am not interested in personally putting in the efforts to find out if a god exists or not. But if someone else proves or disproves god, I'll adjust my beliefs accordingly!

• Agnosticism is the understanding that someone cannot prove or disprove the existence of a deity, so someone who is an agnostic theist believes there is a god but embraces the idea that there may not be a god.

• An atheist without balls
    -Steve Colbert

• The answer is A.

• An agnostic is a person who isn't sure if there is a God or not.

• Alternative B. That's why they are called A-GNOSTICS.

• Mentally ill people

• in between an atheist and a theist.

• Agnostic is a person who thinks like this: "I don't know whether God exists or not". Basically, they are not atheists nor theists, they are just indecisive people...