Men can give birth within 5 years. 😳😳What do you think?

• Haha, that's perfect. !! I don't have to give birth when my husband exists. ! (This is for girls)
  • Are you kidding? This is too wrong
  • I don't know what to say. 😟

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 52

• I think they are just trying to find a way to spin the research to sell a news story. What they really want to do is to enable women to have children that otherwise couldn't. Someone just realized that one day it could be used in men, and twisted the story to be about that.

More than likely artificial wombs are the way of the future, for both men and women. It would be cheaper and safer to delivery a baby if we didn't have to worry about the mothers health during the pregnancy. Some are saying that could happen as soon as 2034. So that would be roughly 15 years of men getting pregnant, before moving onto a more realistic course of action. This leads me to believe a man getting pregnant, isn't an achievement, so much as a baby step toward the real goal.

I think it is funny that people freak out and say things like "That's unnatural" as they type into their very unnatural computers, to send a message across this very unnatural internet we are all linked up on. Humans create very unnatural things all the time. That is one thing that makes us stand out from the other species on the planet. I am sure several of the people that would find this unnatural are being kept alive by very unnatural inventions as well. This is simply something they aren't use to yet. Not that long ago, even most gay people felt uncomfortable with the idea of gay marriage because they weren't use to the idea. Sometimes humans just need time to accept change as something positive.

• How many "messed up" and "unstable" kids will come out as a result of that? There's a reason why only women give birth, if men were meant too, then we would be able to get pregnant, but we don't, and there's a reason for that.
    I get it, it's painful and all that, but it is what it is, it's nature. If you don't wanna go through all that pain, don't give birth, but bringing to life "unstable" kids isn't right.

• I don't want to hear anything about it.
    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/58372419.jpg

• Not me: I'm too old. :D :D :D
    In any case, they won't get pregnant "by accident" because the girl takes off the condom. LOL

• I'd rather have the male birth control pill, or the cure to baldness.

• A male bc pill that cures baldness, gives hard as fuck erections, eliminates heart disease... but also grows a fully working babymaker.

• Oh and also no more stds. The ambivalence in the pharmacy aisle will sustain my laughter for years.

• I will do no such thing LMAO

• I think Only the richest men can afford to do this if they really wanted to. It sounds like a really really painful process too. It won't be a free or cheap procedure, but if that is what they truly want then so be it.

Adopting children would be more cost efficient than this kind of surgery and the pain would be nonexistent or much less if something ever goes wrong.

• While possible, the cost and complexity of doing it would be tremendous. Just because something CAN be done, doesn't mean it should.

First, women are built from the get go to be able to grow another human inside them. They come with a built in uterus specifically designed to do so, along with the proper bone/organ structure to allow a baby to grow. They also have hormones that will tell the body when/how to grow a baby with a very specific tolerance of nutrients, temperatures, etc. Growing babies isn't an easy process, that's why humans have a specific sex (women) dedicated to this task and why it takes 3/4 of a year to do one.

So, while in theory you COULD do this with a male, chances are it won't go well either for the guy or the baby at all and if it could again, it would be ridiculously complex. What makes more sense is redesigning a female cow to grow a human fetus. A female cow's uterus could handle a human, just dome adjustments would need to be made. However, this hasn't been done yet either.

So overall, I say we should actually sometimes say "Why?" instead of "Why not?", because some things just shouldn't happen.

• It's not natural, I would never do it. We are altering our biological functions, and I'm not sure how healthy this would be for a new born child. If I can't find a woman who actually wants to have my children, then I guess I won't have any. I'm not getting any gender reassignment surgery and a uterus implant just to be a freak of nature, not to mention how much that would cost. I was born healthy, unnecessary surgeries can lead to lifelong complications. Why would anyone take that risk? It's insane.

• This is fucked up, and I hope it's a load of crap.

Funny how researchers invest time and money in this stuff, pure nonsense and defying nature on top of it. Meanwhile, there are tons of other problems, diseases and such that have no cure or highly expensive -and hard to get- treatments.

• They aren't doing the research just so that they can impregnate a man someday. They are trying to better understand what it takes to make a healthy baby. In doing that they could prevent a lot of birth defects. The technology isn't for men, so much as them trying to figure out the complexity of the female reproductive system. Using a man as the model, simply shows the level of progress they are hoping to make in that understanding. If they fully understand the process, then logically they could impregnate a man. The impregnation of a man may happen someday, but it isn't their goal at all.

• damn then women are officially useless.

• Now, British scientists are ready to turn female bone marrow into sperm. !! So women can give birth without a man.
      Men are useless for us. 😏

• yeah but men keep civilization running. women mainly work in public sector that just causes taxes to rise.

• The human body is a very very smart and is a survivalist. If the human body wanted make pregnancy it would do so, however to surgically produce a new born that's inhuman. Sorry but this is just not right for starters how would the male body react to this with all the hormone levels and this will be insufficient and probably would only be exposed to those in relationships where the women can't give birth and or gay couples.

• Yeah a whole freaky subspecies of humans. They live underground in caves and come up now and again to feast on the norms.

• Men giving birth? Wow talk about feminizing us!

• well, if someone wants to do that, good for them. I can not imagine why anyone, including women, would want to give birth. But, hey... To each their own.

• This all a hoax.

Human body can never be modified; the more modification you introduce in it, the more screwed up it becomes. Besides, the male body cannot be designed to give birth since that would involve not just biological overhauling but modifications in the brain too, something that is altogether impossible. Our brain does not have the pregnancy department as women have, and it cannot be introduced in.

So, 99.9999% this is unreal. Reminds me of a video where they tried to convince people that Napoleon had a chip in his skull introduced by aliens that made him stand out of the crowd. Yea sure 😐

• Nope that will only work for the gay guys...
    Not me!!! I am straight

• That works for straights too. If you're single, and you can't find woman to have a baby, and you want a baby so much, then you can give birth yourself.

• Thanks but no thanks :-)

• women dont automatically want to have babies just bc they are straight, either. pregnancy doesn't 'work' for people. its not a car. you need to produce babies. its not like something anyone really wants to do. .. some people try to get enthusiastic about it but the thing that they love is the end result. who wants to rip their body apart and be out of commission and have work suffer for a year or so. having babies is why people get pregnancy. not to be pregnant.

maybe you're saying you dont want kids but many women dont either, whereas its still 'women' who make them/. i think you're assuming way too much about Women in relation to pregnancy,. no one automatically wants it. its just an unavoidable part of life for a woman whether you want babies or not you have to be responsible for the possibility of pregnancy.

• They mainly tray to make it enable for transgenders, so it's have very little to do with men that don't want to have "sex change". Also cell was already doing staff like that for years, without losing any of his badassery, so I guess that it's less bad then it's seems. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmixHBpKGSw

• Hell will freeze over before I ever do that.

• it's a strange concept, but so was same sex marriage 100 years ago, maybe this will become a norm, i don't think i'd like to do it, but it is intriguing.

• Well now that just makes me cringe

Not cuz I don't want it to happen but my gawd I didn't have the patience to read the whole article. Does ur penis like explode or do they surgically remove it?

• I think women would not like it :p

• What the fuck is happening same sexes hetting attracted to each other now men giving birth and brestfeeding children Earth will soon become horrible place. And femenists must be really happy with this story

• you now2 just bc a person has a vagina doesn't mean they like the idea of pregnancy. your feelings can be shared by a lot of women but they donor have the option of getting irate. welcome to the real world. were end up having to do things we dont want, or be responsible for not doing things, so that other things dont happen.

you really think when a girl gets her period she thinks its 'natural' and amazing. . you dont have a choice and you get used to it. just like men would if they got pregnant.

i dont think anyone should have to be a slave to their body for a year, its just funny so many guys think its 'right'; if a woman has to but insane if a guy has to. if we were still hermaphrodites you'd be used to it by now. life isn't always heterosexual. maybe in a million years we won't be.

Men are useless for us. 😪

• @Azara i agree girls have to face problems but this is very unnatural. How will a girl get femenine feeling if she is not pregnent instead her husband is I really think this is not a good idea

• The human race is like a box of lego bricks. Anything can be built. Biggest freak show in the milky way

• I would be more than willing to someday be made pregnant if it was safe. I would take on the pains of it all if it meant sparing her from them. I would be a little worried about to what extent my anatomy would have to be altered, though.

• I think it's ridiculous and wrong.

• Uh... no thanks...

• Lol but that's such a lengthy and intrusive procedure that has to be reversed after. Surrogates are still much more convenient.

• What the shit? Daymn.

• you could create a baby with yourself... that's just weird. In my opinion, men were created this way for a reason, we're not meant to have babies.

• FUCK THAT SHIT!!!

• More from Guys
    22

What Girls Said 27

• whats that i can smell? oh, its bullshit

who really thinks that men are gonna be able to give birth EVER? let alone in 5 years... buffons

• Hahaha my first thought was "oh? so now couples can take turns?" lol xD

But then I was like no, this defies nature. The female body was designed for this in lots of species while the male body is not able to tolerate that because it is not designed that way. Even if it does, and they change the hormons levels and the anatomy, still, it is not guaranteed to keep the hormons in check and in the right levels throughout the pregnancy period. The children as a result won't be born as healthy. Even if they were born healthy, it is not like a child receiving a real maternal care. It just won't work; the female body and even psychology and mentality was designed for this not the male's, so it is not just a matter of changing the anatomy and the hormon levels.

• sure why not. let guys see what its like ave to destroy their bodies in order t have kids, have to take off time from work for pregnancy and get demoted or crossed over for promotion, bc they are a new parent.

other than bias, i dont see why people think it is 'so wrong' assuming it was actually doable. its only wrong if its impossible. but if babies can be born in a host, i dont see why you can't use a human body asa host.

anyhow complications not withstanding i think its an excellent idea to have men experience pregnancy and all the pressures and discrimination going along with it. most babies thew the dads name- which i DO NOT see the rationale, since the mom is the one who went through the who;le creative process--so its fitting he should bring it into the world.

• no. just no =.=

• I would so be down for my boyfriend doing that instead of me :P

• Its kinda great now, man would understand what woman go through for given birth.. Haha
    But, its scary 😨😨😨😨

• Why would we need to understand? I don't understand what you think that would change anything. I mean it isn't any different than a woman that has had a kid, and a woman that doesn't have a kid, so you will still have people that don't understand or care about what being pregnant is like.

I don't think we need to give women testicles, so they can understand what it is like to get kicked in them. We don't have to understand everything, to respect what the other person goes through.

• It sounds "true" but 5 years is "absolutely short" time to say that "Male pregnancy would be possible"
    Loophole 1: "theoretically" as it is written in the article, many scientific advancements are possible but to bring it to practice in real world would take more than 3 decades. YES. For instance, to bring a small drug in market, Scientists, Pharma companies, Biologists and Marketing people work for 20 years. It is a simple drug!! Bringing a revolution like male pregnancy, a period of 5 years as it is shown is just a "bluff".

Loophole 2: Nature does not endow "Males" with the pregnancy feature and so do you think "Ethical" committees around the world would allow this. Think yourself. It is not just about male pregnancy, it is about bringing a life to earth. Would you consider scientific experiments when a human life is endangered?

Loophole 3: They write about "Uterus transplant" in women and still review it as "both tricky and dangerous", until this Uterus transplant becomes really established in streamlined in women, it won't/can't/must not be tried on men or transgenders. Economically, no one would invest in it.

Number 4: There are lots of "Orphan" kids around the world. Should not the concentration of society be on adopting these children rather than producing new ones with such a dangerous experiment of "Male pregnancy".

What else do we want? Men with penis and vagina together?

• Bah, I don t understand why going through all this pain, work and money when you have a natural way of doing it.

• Gay men, or straight guys that want to be single fathers could benefit from it. As well as couples where the woman isn't healthy enough to have a child and survive. Also the first guy to do it will most likely be rich and instantly become a celebrity.

• I don't mind. I work in a factory that makes appliances. I don't have any experience in medical science if that is what you were wondering. I just love learning, and enjoy thinking about ways that technology will change our world.

• @heavensgift2girls alright thanks for answering :)

• Perfect. Just in time for when I might (major huge might) be thinking of reproducing. He can do it. He's the one who wants the kid so bad so he can make and bake it himself. Perfect solution.

• That's hilarious news omg!
    Honestly I don't think they could even handle the pain of it though, especially as I don't know how they would also make the male brain release hormones during the childbirth that will kind of make the pain even bearable, as the female brain does.

• Interesting concept. I was following the story of the uterine transplants. If you want to go through pregnancy as a man (or trans woman, whom I believe are likely the real target of this research), I support it.

• I think I want a reliable source to back that shit up.

• Guess they would have to do a C-section for men once it comes time to give birth. They can't quite do it with their anatomy.

• Pregnancy is so beautiful and natural. Forcing it into a man just isn't right, there are multiple reasons why only a women can give birth.
    Also, in case people haven't noticed, there's something so special and precious about a mother's love that can't be artificially replicated.

• Yes indeed. Like why the fuck are people even trying to make such a thing happen? I find it horrible and very unnatural

• It's terrible and people are abusing science

• Seems only useful for transgenders.

Then for regular men they will have more power and could do all the work of that. :D

Though how the hell are they going to get past the pelvic difference with males?

• I didn't think about it. 😳

• c section.. like when small women have sex with large men and can't pass the baby through. so many guys think its hot fucking much smaller women but it causes complications. which the guy doesn't have to deal with. of course.

• @Azara A lot of things make a c section sound extremely dangerous.

• If a "man" gives birth it means that "he" is secretly a woman or a woman who looks like a man.
    Only women can give birth no matter what and it will always be like that.

• So if a woman can't have babies, then she is a man?

• @heavensgift2girls That's not what I meant. That wasn't part of my answer. What I meant was that only women can give birth, period. Nothing further than that.

• that's not very natural

• I say leave everything like it was before. Women have the babies and work as a couple to take care of it.

• Yassssss...

• Just no fuck no. But I am a person that sticks to her business so if you want to have your kids in a cow uterus or a man made test tube uterus go for it. But I am cool carrying my kids the natural way.

• Yeeees! Mpreg is amazing!

• Good idea 😅

• I think it's gross tbh. Certain gender roles exist for a reason. We are taking this equality thing too far.

Sorrynotsorry

• Considering I don't even know how something like this could even be possible, I'm not too worried. Men's bodies will reject the organ before anything could even be done, and there have been very few success stories from this. People have died from blood clotting and tissue death, and the pregnancy didn't end up being viable because there was no heartbeat after transplant.

• Yay!!! now I won't have to ruin my body! ! Equality on its finest! !

• this isn't equality this is I don't know what this is.

• Haha you're right. 😆

• I agree it is about equality. Although I would say it is more equality for men. Currently women hold almost all the power on reproductive issues. A woman that "ruins her body" is more just a consequence of using that power. Custody issues alone would have to change if the man is the one carrying the baby to term. Why would a man even bother doing this if he isn't going to have the same rights to custody that his wife would have? He wouldn't.

How would women feel about giving birth knowing her husband can divorce her and take her children the moment the guy isn't 100% satisfied in the relationship? That would give her second thoughts on getting married or having kids. If a man does go through this then most likely he wouldn't want to lose custody. If the custody laws didn't change to reflect that then the guys serious enough to go through this would have his own kids without a woman being involved at all, and there would just be more single dads.

• Men giving birth? Smh What has the world come to.