Ave you ever hit an animal in a car?

• Yes, I was driving
  • Yes, I was a passenger
  • Nope :)
  • Not sure / Results
*HAVE *HAVE *HAVE *HAVE *HAVE *HAVE
PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR I AM A FOOLISH MORTAL

Most Helpful Girl

• Never have and hope to God that i won't. Last June, my niece's puppy was hit by a car while my family was on vacation. He died instantly the driver was a driver in training he was not older than 16 and could not stop crying. But this Christmas she is getting a new puppy that looks just like her old one. She even got a letter from Santa saying she got something can not be wrapped. she has no clue I heard her guesses and none of them are even close to a puppy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but it wasn't really my fault. I was going through a subdivision, driving a mini van, with a former friend in the passenger seat. There were all sorts of cars parked on the side of the road likely for a party or something. It was summer so it was not dark yet, but within an hour it was.

So, there were about 3-5 teenage girls playing with some white fluffy small dog. These girls were on the front lawn of he house with the party or get together. So I was just able to see the girls And the dog through the parts where there was no car blocking my view.

This dog was NOT THEIR DOG. And they said that it is NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT THIS DOG HAS BEEN OUTSIDE OF HIS OWNERS FENCE.

Apparently the owners aren't he brightest, or something and leave the gate open to their backyard. So this dog got out. The owners lived on the opposite side of the street from where the girls were. But I do not know how far down.

So this dog was playing with the girls, and I guess he ran, from them. Ran between the parked cars from the party, and I saw a little white blip or flash and then I head a number under the car. It wasn't from the tire, but from the frame. But I stopped right away.

All i can hope is that the dog survived, but I do not know. We stayed for an hour or two, then a police officer came, and the owners teen and older children came. And I remembered them from school and pretty well knew that they were dumb, but never really knew them. They just seemed to not give a crap about anything.

I also hope that the learned that you cannot be careless with a pet, especially dogs who are pretty careless and curious about everything. So they go where they can feel loved and included, and they like to be social. And I hope that they never brought a pet home again.

I felt bad, but here wasn't much I could do other than stop the van after I heard a bump.

What Girls Said 20

• Nope but I've drove over someone's foot while driving. Now now it wasn't my fault. He was forcing me to give his car a way cause he was on the side of the road that was supposed to go right, i didn't want to give it to him. Then it happened and he was yelling to everyone there "rich people always do that!" And someone stepped out of the car and told him he was wrong and the police gave him a ticket. Muahaha

• Yeah, first date with a guy he ran over a kangaroo. He was scared shitless, I hopped out and the front of his car was ruined and the kangaroo wasn't dead. He wanted to run over it a few more times until it died. I said no and we called an animal rescue service and waited until they took the kangaroo back to their vet place. We never had a second date.

• Sometimes it takes an incident like that to realize you are with the wrong person. Strange the way things happen. Are kangaroos in Southern Australia or just the North?

• @Hwlsop The kangaroos pretty much live all around the border of Australia, so they're in every state, just not in the middle of Australia.

• Yes! I ran over a squirrel because it was getting out of my way, and then it decided to change its mind and run the opposite direction.

I was going to work and then I pulled over and I was crying because I felt so bad. I'm pretty sure it died. And after that my car messed up and I had to walk and take the bus. I felt that all the squirrels were staring at me and I apologized to them.
    RIP little squirrely! :'(

http://i.imgur.com/tvpT5.jpg

• I pray to the universe that I never will. I couldn't live with myself.

• I was in the car when my boyfriend hit a bat :/ it died.

And once my mom hit a bird but when we stopped it flew away because we weren't driving fast.

I think I would break down on the side of the road and cry if I hit anything whether it be bat, bird, deer, dog, cat, squirrel, or gopher. I hope it never happens. I am a terrible softy but I'm studying to be a vet, so maybe I could know enough by that point to help if it was possible.

• I haven't considering I can't drive but my mom has.

The most odd one was an armadillo because we don't tend to have them in Illinois. Then the worst one she hit was a bord because it flew straight towards her Jag and like literally it was stuck in part of the car in the front all you could see was it's tail and feet :(

• I live in an area where it's very common to hit a deer. Thankfully I have not had that experience yet!

Oddly I've hit a bird though. It flew right into my windshield and scared the crap out of me.

• I uh, I hit a squirrel a couple weeks back. Felt absolutely AWFUL. Worst part is that it happened on my street so I had to drive by it until it mysteriously disappeared one day 😭

• No, but when I was out with my mom once while running errand I saw these homeless kittens near a church eating this rank ass pizza on the ground. I ended up telling her to park in the lot while I ran to the Dollar Tree near by and bought them some cat food. I wanted to take them home, but she said no, and unfortunately it was pretty late so not shelters were open so I couldn't take them there either. I cried so much. This happened about 2 months ago. ;-;

• Oh, and I also watched a family friend run over a squirrel while rushing to her house because she needed to take a shit, and she refuses to take a shit in public restroom. I thought it was hilarious and sad all at once. I don't know why, but I can laugh at quick death and gore, but I can't handle long term suffering like what the kittens went through. I'm one messed up taco, but I'm fine with that. >u >

• No I don't!

• Probably some unfortunate ants & flies oO

Almost hit a huge deer once but I luckily got the car to stop right in front of him thanks to full braking.

• I guess if I would have reacted a few seconds later I might not be here typing this anymore..

• Yes, unfortunately, I have. I had a deer pop out in front of me, and that did not turn out well.

• No I always stop for animals. My friends dad once ran over a skunk and the tire stunk for like 2 years.

• No, never ever...

• Have I ever? I'm like a serial rabbit murderer.

• Nope I make sure to never hit anything. I would rather wreck my car than hit an animal.

• You don't deserve to have a driver's license. Are you willing to endanger other
      People to save an animal?

• Sorry I lashed out. Your response was very reassuring.

• @Dred1614 it's okay :)

• Yes countless numbers of stupid deer & a dog

• Never have, never will on purpose.

• I haven't but my mom has, she killed a squirrel and she started crying...

• No but if I did, I'd cry 😢

What Guys Said 19

• Here in Australia, we don't ask whether one has or hasn't made roadkill, we ask how many cars one has destroyed running into kangaroos and wombats.

• My story is legit about a kangaroo, bloody things come from nowhere and wreck your cars.

• I was once driving in the highway in a foreign country and almost ran over a fox. Had to push the brakes all the way and then pray the cars behind me react in time. Thankfully they did.
    Other than that I have maybe accidentally driven over already dead carcasses of animals but I haven't run anything over. That would be quite the bummer, cleaning the car and all.

• A rabbit, a bird, and a coyote pup while driving a semi (over the course of five years), a deer while riding my mountaim bike at 3am to get to work (though it had been hit by something much more substantial than i already... and then started to get up, and into my way, as I was attempting to steer around the "dead" deer on the side of the road

Honorable mention: I was driving a rented dodge challenger a good bit over the speed limit, had turned to reach for something in the back seat, and caught sight of a deer standing in the middle of the road just out of the corner of my eye as I was turning back, and swerved, one-handed and still twisted in the seat, half on to the shoulder to miss it...

• Everybody in Nebraska (where i grew up) has hit something. Deer, a cow that won't move out of the way lol jk, a fox, something.

• It was a few times with a deer, but one time it was a dog. Me and my sister and her friends were on the way to a high school game (tournament), and we hit a dog on the way down there. She was 16? The owner of the dog had to sympathize my sister and her friends as they were upset. They are dog lovers, so it wasn't easy on them.

• Sure!
    Hundreds or thousands of flies.

• who hasn't or hasn't hit one when someone else was driving? my parents hit deer a few times. my mom ran over a cat and of course the retarded squirrel or other small animal has gotten lit up.

• I have hit animal many times also had near misses too.
    animal are not always read safe.
    Someone needs to teach them the green cross code

• I've hit a racoon, cat, 2 pigeons :(

• It was more of a love tap, really.

• Nope, I haven't seen to many car driving animals. Really though, Never have

• I KILLED THAT FUCKER TOO!

• NO
    accident free so far

• I've hit multiple critters. It seems we have a high suicide rate amongst our animals here.

• *have. Nah I Never hit an animal but I almost got run over by a deer once

• I have not.

• I've hit 2 squirrels, both of which I could've avoided, but chose not to.

• So... you aim for animals on the road? 0_o

• I live in the city. Nowhere near a rural setting.

• Oh, okay then. That makes more sense I guess. I live out in the countryside.

• i ran over a rabbit once.

got flat like your titties

• raccoon. apparently raccoons are dumber than the much smaller brained squirrel and birds. go figure.