Would you tell your kids Santa Is Not Real?

I told mine but he didn't really care :P

• No!
  • Yeah.

1510

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how much money I have, I guess. If I have enough to buy the kid presents from Santa AND myself, then I'd let hem believe Santa is real for a bit. But if I didn't have the money and had to choose, I'm not gonna let them believe Santa is real.

#selfish and what not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would. Eventually. I mean, at age 10 it sorta gets ridiculous keeping up the charade. But childhood is meant to be lived innocent. But then as u mature u get skeptical

Sponsored

What Girls Said 14

• Yeah, if I'm ever gonna have children (which I'm not planning to) I would obviously tell them, but later when they are actually old enough and able to take the shock. ^^
    I remember I figured it out on my own back then when I was 6 & pulled the fake beard off some guy who was playing Santa for the children in a shopping mall... It totally felt like my life was a lie.

• not until they could figure it out. I'm all for kids having an imagination.

• No i rather they believe a little longer.

• Eh, I would.

• I'm never having kids of my own.. so...

I tell other peoples kids he isn't real...

• obviously.. lol

• I don't like the idea of lying to my kids about the tooth fairy or santa, not going to do it if I ever have kids.

• I wouldn't lie to my kids in the first place.

• I'd never make them believe Santa is real in the first place.

• No, let them figure out by themselves.

• Um, no? Why would I lie?

• I won't have kids, so I have already solved this uncomfortable dilemma.

• My kids, if I ever have any, will never even hear of Santa.

• I have no intention of having my kids believe in fairytale people who invade their home to leave gifts. if I have any I'd rather they just know where the gifts are really from.

What Guys Said 9

• I wouldn't tell my kids that Santa was real or that he wasn't real. I would tell them that some people claim Santa is real, and have them make up their minds about Santa for themselves. They need to develop the ability to decide what is real and fake for themselves, or they will become really lame adults.

• I would hope I'd raise them to have above average logical reasoning skills so they never believe in Santa.
    Like I did.

• No, why would I? Besides, santa was real tamedcynic.org/.../Nichols-Punch-Meme.jpg

• Wait.. he's not real?

• If I convince my child that Santa is not real s/hes gonna become that know it all prick at school who told everyone.
    haha...

I'll let them find out naturally.

• Yeah i never believed in any of that type of stuff. Santa Clause the tooth fairy etc

• I would have more difficult time confessing to my son that his father, a grown man, watches My Little Pony.

• No, it's the best way to get a child to shut up, by far.

• yeah eventually