Does anybody else feel emotionally numb?

Like seriously i dont feel happy, dont cry, dont feel motivated i just feel numb. I dont even know what love is i just dont feel it.

Is this the precursor to depression? Or is this some sort of personality flaw?
I feel like this basically all the time, I can't remember not feeling this way...

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes. You just have to push forward though

Most Helpful Guy

• well.. i drink so i can't really say much... but yea.. when sober.. i don't feel crap... like a zombie type shit.
    what can you do... just go wit it... like everything else.
    its not like i don't feel... i just acknowledge that its there... identify the emotion... then throw it out of the mental window.

What Girls Said 2

• Sometimes...

• That could be a symptom of depression, especially if it's how you feel all the time. It's something you should probably see a doctor about

What Guys Said 2

• It must be something in the air because I feel the same. All I want to do is work to keep my mind from thinking about it. I use to play basketball for fun to clear my mind but, I don't feel like doing that anymore.

• @TravisG I'm similar I try to distract myself from thinking about it. I used to workout 5 days a week now i'm lucky if I go 5 times a month

• @TravisG I got a little taste of that today I been talking to a chick everyday this week and we were supposed to meet up today and she didn't answer my messages. I had a chance to make plans yesterday for today with a different person and I turn them down to basically end up spending Saturday all alone doing nothing. I got them feels man

• I know how you feel. Sometime we try to go for the hot chick but, they beauty don't balance with the character they are. To me, the sweetest ones are the best ones. I hate she stood you up. That was messed up. A young lady on GAG stood me up last week. She live in Miami which is 3&1/2 hours from me. So I didn't really expect for it to happened. I'll believe when I see it.

• That's pretty much been what I've been going through for the last 15 years.