Have you ever wish of owning a restaurant?

I am just curious if it is a common dream/wish/desire/interest for every human to want to somehow one day own/run/part take in having a restaurant or a eatery place or whatever you want to call it.

Because I think having a restaurant is like the combination of everything that humans cherish,
first of all you are your own boss, you earn money, the good food, the friends, the socializing, and all the glitz and glamour that may or may not come with it.

I know most restaurants fail and it is the worst business idea ever and even if you are successful you won't really make much money from it, and i have no intention of starting a restaurant of my own, but I am just curious if everyone also have this... desire/urge... to have a restaurant?

• yes i do
  • no i don't

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I love cooking, but the food business sounds like a true nightmare to be in. You've got regular inspections, uncertain delivery of ingredients, and difficult customers.

Especially the customers sound awful. You've got people with allergies that won't tell you about them, people who are picky and don't say so until the food arrives, people who are extremely impatient, people who are plain stupid and will complain that the coffee is too hot, people who put dead flies in their soup just to get a free meal out of you, people who abuse your waiters, people who expect 5 star food from a cheap restaurant, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps not a restaurant but a small company would be cool. Dunno what kind of company tho.

What Girls Said 2

• My family owned a restaurant at a time, it's not all it's cracked up to be.

• Nah, I wished if I owned a farm.

What Guys Said 1

• Family has one.

Pros - food whenever u want

Cons - hard work and long hours, if u don't personally take care of it then it will not be in business long