Why did boys approach me more when I looked uglier?

junior year of high school i had a crush on this popular guy and i later found out that he liked me back and i think he also thought i was cute. another guy i thought was cute also noticed me and he was nice to me. they didn't talk to me that much though. but now that im a senior, it seems like hardly any guys show interest in me. i have more confidence and i wear makeup and do my hair, try to smell nice and i lost some weight, my hair got longer, and i bought more flattering clothes. i didn't completely change, i just made some improvements. I didn't like go dye my hair or change my wardrobe. last school year i didn't wear makeup besides concealor and i didn't care much about fashion (i literally rolled out of bed and went to school sometimes) but now that i actually make an effort, it seems like boys dont notice me as much as before. sometimes they still look at me and stuff but they dont come near me as much.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I know for me its easier for me to talk to ugly girls. Usually I talk to them with the intention of being friends, because I am not physically attracted to them, so I am not trying to get with them, so its easier to talk to them knowing that if they dont like me I dont really care that much. Maybe other guys have this same philosophy? I dont talk to hot girls much, usually because they hang out with tool bag guys, or are b-ches, or just dont seem interested in talking to me, so I've basically stopped talking to them, unless they approach me first. I'll talk to ugly girls all day long though because they dont have all the baggage attractive girls have.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I feel like when you dress a bit more comfortable like I do. I dress like a bum and guys approach me quite a bit. I had this convo with my sisters and brothers friend. I said that I feel more approachable when I'm dressed in a tshirt and joggers or my other "hobo" looks. Their just not confident enough in their own skin to talk to you. Before you were more approachable

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe u were more approachable before but now u r like super hot and intimidating and guys wish they could go up to but r nervous now bc they think u r intimidatingly attractive. I don't know it seems strange that they stopped being friends with u or maybe they dont like the new look. Hard to tell.

What Girls Said 2

• If they still look at you but won't approach you, they could be afraid to speak to you because they'll believe that you're out of their league. Either that, or they really believed you looked better before

• Maybe they think you are too good looking for them now and they don't srand a chance. Beauty can be intimidatung