Which is your most destructive emotion, or negative thought?

... which often lets you down?

Most Helpful Guy

• After my ex, I have a strange fear of... women. Especially her. I get really jumpy and nervous, because she really hurt me, and I'm afraid the girls I like to be with will do the same; abuse my kindness, then leave me with nothing. It's a fruitless fear, but still, I can't curb it.
    Also, my most destructive is kindness. I deal with more suicidal thoughts or cuttings than the counselor at my school, and I think it's getting to me. With my ex and all, family, friends; I'm set, but I'm feeling the hole she left in me. I overwork myself helping others to cover that up. And I have a chance to end it all, but I'm too scared to confront her. Good question OP.

Most Helpful Girl

• My most destructive emotion is my anger.

What Guys Said 8

• Blaming myself for every failure to communicate with others, not that it sometimes isn't my fault! That's what makes it difficult to catch myself doing this.

• I would have to say its, "im tired"... Cuz after 8 hrs of work, i am a little.. But i could do so much more tbh... I could work for 16+ hrs if i wanted..

• I have a running fear of dying young so to a terminal illness, my health right now is okay 65% lung function but when I wake up at 2am not being able to breathe it's scary. It's affects a lot "why finish... If I'm going to die" "why fall in love if I'm going to die"

I just have to stop worrying and just let life take control.

• Oh that is scary. 😥. I guess it's just a matter of taking each day as it comes 😊

• That I'll never get better.

• Observing too much and thus seeing too much behind peoples masks.

• A little narcissistic. Very judgmental of people who I consider stupid

• Thinking positive.

• Jealousy revenge

• Yeah jealousy is an extremely destructive emotion.

• I get why people are saying self judgement or insecurities but that mainly affectsw just u. Jealousy however can get out of hand and lead to harm of others.

• I agree! It is the most destructive emotion if it isn't controlled. It eats away at your own happiness. Plus , destroys other people's lives too.

What Girls Said 5

• Comparing myself to my siblings. All five of them are successful, happy, financially secure, provident, educated, athletic, well-traveled, perfect family sorts. At the dinner table they discuss things like nuclear fusion, advancements in the field of optics and which investment portfolios they have selected for their kids in anticipation of their attendance at Ivy League schools. I love my life, but when I am at the table with them I feel woefully inadequate. But I know that the world needs all types of people, and I am content with my purpose.

• self consciousness or regret

• Self judgment hands down!

• 'God you're an idiot.'
    At the most simple of mistakes (such as getting the timing of the traffic light wrong)

I like to be able to pinpoint the exact moment the traffic light will change. When I get it wrong it's either positive if I'm only a millisecond off. Or negative if I'm a second or more off.

Just imagine how bad I get when I make a real mistake.

• Being insecure and doubting my capabilities.